Chapter 48: Back to Work

Carefully climbing out of the bed the next morning, Deagan makes her way downstairs to make some coffee which eventually turns into making breakfast. Getting into tune with making breakfast she doesn't hear Chase come downstairs.

          "Good morning," he smiles, sliding his arms around her from behind.

          "Mm morning," Deagan smiles. "I hope you don't mind but I felt like making breakfast for you guys," making chocolate chip pancakes and sausage.

          "Of course not, I have a supermodel being domestic in my kitchen for my kids, I don't mind," softly kissing her neck.

          "They still asleep?"

          "Yeah they're out," walking over to get some coffee.

          "I'm sorry we took over your bed last night. They wanted me to read to them and we all just passed out."

          "Yeah I saw that," Chase smiles.

          "Are we going to eat and let them sleep or do you wake them up?" Deagan asks, finishing the food.

          "Let them sleep. Uncle Cameron is watching them tonight," he winks at her.

          "Oh really? You don't think Uncle Cameron doesn't already have his hands full with his own daughter?" Deagan smiles sitting down. "That's weird to say."

          "Well Mike is going to have the baby and Cameron said he'd come by and watch the heathens. They'll be in bed by the time we leave anyway."

          "Okay," Deagan smiles. "Where are we going?"

          "Out," Chase says not divulging any more info.

          "Fine," Deagan finally says in defeat, "I have some exciting news," Deagan continues.

          "What's that?" taking a bite of his sausage

          "I'm flying out to Paris tomorrow night for a wedding magazine."

          "Well, that's great baby."

          "Do you want to hear the bad part though?"

          "How long will you be gone?" Chase asks, a sigh behind his voice.

          "Two weeks," cringing a little.

          Taking a sip of his coffee, thinking a little, "Okay," he finally spits out softly. A little disappointed.

          "I'm sorry baby. We agreed to this remember?" Deagan reiterates, reaching over and sliding her hand on Chase's that is on top of the table.

          "Yeah I know, its okay we'll deal," kissing the back of her hand.

          "We can still talk. I can video chat with you guys," Deagan smiles, "you can text me."

        "I know," a huge grin on Chase's face. He leans over and kisses Deagan a little harder. "It's just harder since you just got here."

         "I know, but it's my job," pulling back. "I'll be back before you know it and I wish I could take you guys with me but I can't this time around."

          "Yeah I know babe, it's okay," Chase nods his head before getting up and waking Myah and Taylor.

          "So when do you have to leave?" Chase asks, Myah and Taylor in the dining room eating.

          "I leave tomorrow night," Deagan answers.

          "Already?" Chase asks surprised.

          "Where are you going?" Taylor asks.

          "Yeah," Deagan answers Chase, it killing her that she has to leave so soon. "I have to leave for a couple weeks but I will be back," winking at Taylor.

          "I figured tonight I'd spend with you guys and we go to the zoo, my treat," Deagan smiles.

          "Zoo!" Myah and Taylor say in unison.

          "Zoo it is," Chase laughs a little.

         "Good because I already bought the tickets. They are in my bag," Deagan confesses.

          Myah and Taylor run off after they finish their breakfast, really excited that they are heading to the zoo.

          "Okay then, they might be excited," Chase smiles at Deagan.

          Deagan can't help but feel good, standing up and picking up the kids plates and walking to the sink. After rinsing the plates she slides them in the dishwasher and starting it since its full.

           "Yeah I think they are a little bit."

          They end up going to the zoo and having great time. The two kids have so much fun they end up passing out on the ride home.