Chapter 34: In The Wrong

A few days pass, her thoughts drifting on and off from Emma and Chase. But for today, she tries to shake it as she has a shoot later on. Walking out of her house and getting into the car, her driver heads downtown taking her to where the Playboy shoot is located, having no idea that Chase is getting off a plane at LAX to surprise her.

          Finally getting on the set, immediately taken into hair and makeup, her phone vibrates in her purse, Chase calling on his way to Deagan's empty apartment. Of course with it being on vibrate and the music blaring she does not hear it. She then gets up and goes to her shoot. Taking the elevator up to Deagan's apartment he knocks on the door, but no answer. He hears a door open as he looks behind him, an elderly woman, Deagan's neighbor walking out.

          "She's not home honey. She left about an hour ago,' she smiles.

          "Oh okay thanks," Chase smiles as he walks into the elevator with the old lady. A conversation sparks between them.

          A few hours later, Deagan is taking the elevator down to the main floor of the building. Pulling out her phone, she sees a few missed calls from Chase, wondering why he called. After getting into the car, she dials his number, Chase picking up after a few rings.

          "Hey," Chase smiles laying in his bed at the hotel.

          "Hi, you called? Ten times?" Deagan smiles.

          "Well yeah because I was on your doorstep."

          "What? You're in Los Angeles?" Deagan smiles big, the accusations about her sister and him pushed to the back of her mind.

          "Yeah," Chase smiles.

          "Babe....what hotel?"

          "The JW Marriott. What were you doing for so long?"

          "I did that shoot remember?" telling Tim to head to the hotel instead of her home.

          "What shoot?" Chase asks sitting up in bed a little.

          "I called you about it remember? Playboy..."

          "Oh, you didn't tell me you were going to do it."

          "I assumed you knew I was going to do it."

          "I thought you might take some time to think about my opinion, but I guess I should have known better."

          "Chase don't start..." Deagan sighs.

          "Yeah of course, because I wouldn't ever want to disagree with you."

          "I'm not going to come to the hotel if we are just going to argue about this," Tim looks in the mirror, "about my job," Deagan finishes.

          "Were you naked in those pictures?"

          Deagan doesn't answer.

          "Maybe you should go home," Chase sighs.

          "Okay if you're seriously going to be like this," changing the driving plans again, Tim heading towards Deagan's apartment.

          "Deagan when we got back together, and you showed me those pictures what turned me on the most about it was that it was between us. But now you've taken something that I considered to be special and important between us and now you've shared it with everybody. So, tonight I think I need some time to myself," Chase says.

          "Then maybe you should fly back home. I'll pay for your ticket for wasting your time to fly out here I guess."

          "So that's what you want me to do? Instead of giving me a night and understanding why I'd be upset you're going to break up with me over the phone, again. And send me home?"

         "You also left out a little detail about how cozy you and my sister are," Deagan says getting out of her car and walking into her apartment building.

          "Deagan I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself. Your sister and I are just friends, just like we always have been and always will be. Nothing has happened nor will anything. She is like another sister to me."

          "Then what's with the pictures that are plastered all over E! News of you two at a club standing close with your arm around her?" Deagan asks.

          "Do you hear yourself? If I wanted your sister, I'd have hooked up with her, but I didn't because I wanted to be with you. It continues to bite me in the ass, you're turning into one of those people Deagan, and you don't even realize it."

          "Okay," Deagan sighs. "I'm not saying you have to go home nor am I telling you to go home but if you do, text me, and I'll pay for your ticket. I'm not turning into anybody. I'm just myself."

          "You know what Deagan? You're right as usual, and I'm wrong as usual. I'm just going to do my thing here, and you don't have to worry about me because I'll still be here waiting for you like the fool that I always have been and I don't want your damn money," and with that, Chase ends the call.

          "Hello? Chase?" Deagan says into the phone, hearing the phone go dead. "Shit," Deagan says softly, muttering under her breath. Swallowing hard, she gets out of her car and heading up to her apartment.