Chapter 14: Baby Shower

Pulling up to Chase's place later that evening, Deagan sees that the whole place is decorated. Admiring the newly built wrap around porch on the house since that wasn't there the last time Deagan was there, two years ago. After admiring, Troy parks and they make their way to the back. The pool comes into view, a bunch of lights hanging from trees, illuminating the backyard. Walking into Chase's house hand in hand, a few people already there. Chase comes into view, Deagan sees him in some khaki dress pants and a purple dress shirt that Deagan remembers talking him into buying when they dated. She couldn't imagine a simple dress shirt could bring back so many memories. Taking a deep breath, Deagan watches as some people immediately want to talk to Troy. Eating up the attention, Deagan steps away as Chelsea walks in with Brody and Paisley. He immediately starts to play with them both, Chelsea and a few girls that would try to hit on him when Deagan and him were together walk over and begin to talk to him also.

          "Hey, how are you?" Deagan hears Cameron.

          "Oh you know, just watching my ex being eye candy. I mean look at them," pointing over to the girls beside Chelsea. "Do they even know my brother?"

          Cameron smirks, "They're friends with his girlfriend I think. But I mean, he's fair game now, plus he's looking for someone to settle down and start a family with," Cameron says watching her, Deagan nodding her head. "You two would have made some damn adorable babies."

         "Excuse me?" Deagan laughs a little.

          "What? It is true, but I'm pretty positive your sister is trying to pick up where you left off," Cameron says winking at Deagan.

          She watches as Emma slides her hand onto Chase's arm. "He's way too old for her anyway. She wouldn't dare," not knowing they are messing with her.

          "That's not what I hear, but you've got Mr. Baseball over there now anyway right?" Cameron says as Deagan looks over, a woman over by him holding a baby, Troy looking terrified.

          Rolling her eyes, "I should probably go save him," Deagan says smiling at Cameron.

          "I don't think that infant child will hurt him," Cameron smiles, Deagan sliding her hand on Cameron's shoulder. "Why don't you have a drink and relax or does that have too many calories in it?" Cameron asks winking at her, sliding his arm around her.

          "Ha ha," Deagan laughs. "No, a drink is fine."

          "Okay let me get the bartender," Cameron says, yelling for Chase.

          Chase walks over smiling, Cameron placing drink orders for both him and Deagan, then stepping away for a moment. "He's trying to get you drunk like he used to," Chase winks at her.

          "Well, it's not happening today," Deagan says watching Chase.

          Smirking a little, "Yeah I'm pretty positive I've heard that one before and spent the next day nursing your hangover."

          "Yeah you did nurse my hangover," Deagan confirms smiling.

          "The day we met, on a few birthdays, after your graduation, after a few girls nights with your friends," Chase smiles, listing all the times he nursed her hangovers.

          "Okay okay, you saved me a lot," Deagan laughs.

          "No, I didn't save you, I just helped a little."

          "You saved me," Deagan says again, "but I helped you a few times too."

          "Oh, I do not deny that, trust me. Are you hungry because I have a ton of food too? It's probably best to put something in your stomach before you start drinking with Cameron," Chase advises.

          "Yeah that's fine," Deagan smiles as Chase has always been a sweetheart and always looking out for her.

          "Alright, follow me," Chase smiles, both he and Deagan walk to the kitchen where all the food is located. Deagan watches Chase as he grabs a beer and pours Deagan's favorite, Smirnoff Whipped Cream vodka, handing it over to her.

          "Oh thank you," Deagan smiles, taking the small glass from him. "A lot of memories with this drink," she laughs taking a small sip.

          "You're welcome and yeah you're telling me," taking another small sip of his beer. "So how are things in LA?"

         "It's going really well. Alayna and I were talking earlier today, and it seems like we are going to be in a shoot together."

          Nodding his head, "Yeah that's what she was telling me."

          "Sports Illustrated Swimsuit," Deagan says running a hand through her hair, "but what's this I hear about my sister and you shooting for Maxim?"

          "They're doing some article about us, so technically it's the entire band, but I already promised your parents I wouldn't let her take pictures with no clothes on."

          "Well, thank you for that."

          "Yeah says the one who is doing lingerie catalogs."

          "And a swimsuit edition when I get back," Deagan chuckles.

          "Yes, you're lucky I grabbed the Victoria's Secret catalog out of your parent's mailbox before they saw it."

          "Yeah, they don't know about that yet. They think I'm doing like clothing modeling," Deagan says taking another sip. "I was supposed to be doing a shoot for Hustler, but Troy told me not to, but I do have a billboard in New York that is going to have my picture on it here in a couple of weeks."

          "Deagan you don't need to take your clothes off to get work like that. You're gorgeous enough that you could model a burlap sack and I'm sure you'd still be turning some heads," Chase smiles.

"Well, thank you," Deagan smiles, "but I'm good at what I do Chase."

          "I'm not arguing that," Chase sighs. "Just be prepared for your family to find out about it eventually that's all," Chase says concerned right as Troy walks in.

          "Hey baby," Deagan smiles at him. "Umm Chase have you met Troy?" Deagan asks as Troy slides his arm around her, her hand moving to his chest.

         Chase smirks at Troy, "No but I did watch you lose a lot last year," putting out his hand, "it's a pleasure."

          "Nice to meet you too Chase," Troy says firmly shaking his hand.

          Giving her a look, noticing Deagan get cozy with Troy right in front of him as it kills him a little bit. Smiling, "I think I'm probably gonna get some fresh air," Chase says turning and walking away, still being polite about it.

          "Really?" Deagan says pulling away hitting him on the chest a little.

          "What? I see how he looks at you, but you're mine, and he's just gonna have to accept that," Troy says.