Chapter 63: Little Monsters

For the next few months, Chase was able to get his kitchen in his restaurant remodeled, and business resumed and was able to get up and running—making money again. Deagan and Chase have attended a couple more therapy sessions but as a couple. Things have gotten better when it comes to Chase's money situation as Deagan has agreed to continue to split fifty-fifty. Significant changes have also happened as Deagan, since being named part owner in Chase's business has been helping out a lot, taking on waitressing when she is home. Chase appreciates her, falling in love more and more as she helps around with not only the restaurant but also with his kids, of course, Myah and Taylor loving Deagan.

          "So you'll be back when? A week?" Chase asks, laying back on the bed and watching Deagan close her suitcase.

          "Um yeah, if that," Deagan smiles, looking back at him.

          "What do you mean? You'll be back sooner?" Chase grins.

          "I might be," Deagan nods and walking back to Chase, "sometimes they don't last as long as they say."

          Chase nods his head, "True. We'll miss you," Chase says leaning over and kissing her softly.

          "You act like I'm gonna be gone for months."

          "Hey, sometimes it feels like it," Chase defends. He leans over and kisses her softly hearing footsteps on the stairs. "Here comes the monsters."

          Deagan chuckles as she sits back up, running a hand through her hair.

          "Dad, Taylor swallowed one of my Barbie's shoes," Myah walks in, holding her Barbie doll—one shoe on.

          Taylor struts in with his father's smirk, "She told me I had to play Barbie's with her, so I said I was going to eat her shoe. It was either that or rip Ken's head off."

          Chase smiles and looks at Deagan.

          "It's not funny Taylor!" Myah whines.

          "You'll get it back here soon," Taylor giggles.

          Chase can't hold a straight face as he looks over at his daughter, "Myah I don't know what to do about it, it's long gone."

          Taylor giggles, "If you want to sissy you can dig it out of my poop, but I don't plan on it."

          Deagan and Chase lose it, laughing hysterically.

          "I'm living with children....ugh...." Myah storms out, leaving Chase and Deagan in their giggle fit. Taylor smirks.

          "But seriously man why did you do that?" Chase asks, wiping the tears out of his eyes.

          "Cause nobody tells me what to do, if you do there are cons...equence...ces," struggling on the word.

          Chase gives him a look, "Where did you learn that big word?"

          "Okay you can, but Myah said it the other day, but I have no idea what it means."

         "Go apologize to your sister," Chase smiles.

          "But daddy..."

          "No butts Taylor, go..." pointing to the bathroom door.

          Taylor smiles, "You said butts," as he laughs, running out of the room.

          Deagan shakes her head, "see...monsters," Chase smiles.

          "No, monster," leaning over and kissing his forehead, "have fun with those crazies," Deagan smiles and pats his chest.

          "Hey those are my crazies," Chase chuckles sitting up, "my cute crazies. Taylor is me, and Myah is her mom."

          Deagan smiles hearing Chase bring his up past wife, always loving to listen to his stories. "They both look like her," Deagan mentions.

         "Yeah they do," Chase smiles.

          Deagan begins to talk but is then interrupted as Taylor runs in. He pulls himself up on Chase and Deagan's bed. "Deagannnn?" Taylor drags out, laying against his dad.

          "Yes baby?"

          "Do you have to go?" rubbing his eyes and yawning.

          Deagan smiles, "yeah babe but only for a couple of days then I'll be back," Deagan walks over.

          "But who's going to play cars with me?" Taylor asks.

          "Your dad will still be here," Deagan winks at Chase.

          "But he isn't as fun."

          "Hey now," Chase protests.

          "Sorry daddy," Taylor smiles.

          "You mean dad doesn't run around and drive the cars all around the furniture and make vroom vroom noises?"

          Taylor shakes his head.

          "What? He doesn't?" Deagan says pretending to be appalled.

          Chase rolls his eyes and picks Taylor up, "time to go to bed you tattle tail," Chase smiles.

          "No dad I want to sleep with you and Deagan!" Taylor protests.

          Deagan smiles, laying back on the bed, "babe let him sleep here," Deagan yawns.

          Chase looks over at Deagan, her bottom lip in a pouting form. He then looks back at Taylor, doing the same thing.

          "Why do you guys always pick Deagan?" Chase asks Taylor walking back to the bed.

          Deagan holds out her arms.

          "Deagan's funnier," Taylor giggles, Chase handing him to Deagan.

          "Funnier Taylor?" Chase asks. "It's Deagan's more fun even though that's not true."

            "Dad I'm four," Taylor exclaims holding up three fingers.

          Chase chuckles, climbing in the bed with Deagan and Taylor.