Chapter 70: Mother Deagan

It's the night before Chase, Mike and Cameron are supposed to fly in, Deagan and Myah in the kitchen making popcorn for their movie, Taylor already posted up in the living room patiently waiting.

          "Are you and my daddy married?" Myah asks, holding the bowl as Deagan dumps the contents.

          "No we're not married," Deagan smiles.

           "Do you want to marry my daddy?"

          "You know you're really smart."

          "I know," Myah says confidently, "daddy says I have a huge brain," Myah smiles.

          "Oh is that so?" Deagan smiles.

          Myah nods her head, smiling at Deagan.

          "Where's my popcorn?" Taylor calls, Deagan smiling.

          "Coming Taylor," Deagan says, grabbing one popcorn bowl, handing the other to Myah.

          "He's impatient like daddy," Myah smiles, the two girls walking into the living room.

          Walking to her bedroom after putting Taylor and Myah to bed, she hears her phone ringing. Picking up the pace, she enters through the doorway, grabbing the device on her bed. Chase Facetiming her.

          She climbs on her bed, answering the FaceTime call. "Hey," Deagan smiles.

          "Hi," Chase answers. "Where the kids?"

          "They are in bed all cozy and fast asleep," Deagan says, leaning back against the headboard.

          "You have my kids in bed by 8:15?" Chase asks smiling.

          "Yeah it's pretty easy," Deagan shrugs.

          "Maybe I do need to move in with you," Chase smirks. "They listen better to you than me."

          "I have an extra bedroom, an empty spot beside me and more than enough room in here," Deagan winks. "So Myah asked this afternoon if we were married?"

          "Oh she did? How awkward was that conversation?"

          "It wasn't awkward. It was cute. She then asked me if I wanted to marry you."

          "And..." Chase pushes.

          "And that was that because at about that time your youngest was demanding popcorn," Deagan giggles.

         "So you didn't answer her?"

           "Answer her about what? Wanting to marry you?"

          "Yeah."

          "No, I guess I didn't."

          "What would you have said?"

         Deagan smiles, running a hand through her hair, "Of course I want to marry you."

         Chase smiles, opening his mouth to speak as he adverts his eyes up. Chase sighs.

          "What?" Deagan asks.

          "Cameron is calling me."

          "Of course he is," Deagan smiles. "Answer it, I'll see you tomorrow, love you," blowing him a kiss.

          "I love you too."

          The call ends.

          Deagan sits there, her heart fluttering a little. All smiles, she places her phone on the charger and slides underneath the covers falling in a deep sleep with nothing but Chase on her mind.