Chapter 36: Advice From A Stranger

The next morning Chase is on his way to the airport to get on the next flight back to Franklin while Deagan is at the studio meeting the photographer that did her Playboy shoot. They go over all the photos on which ones they are going to use for the magazine and what not. Once finished with the meeting, Corrine and Deagan get in the car.

          "So when did you want me to schedule that shoot with you and Chase?" Corrine asks not knowing about their little blowup.

          "It's probably a no go now. We got into it."

          "Well, that's too bad. I liked you with the country boy. What happened?"

          "He thinks I've changed."

          "Well, of course you have. It's what this city does. Who hasn't?" Corrine smiles.

           "He's probably on a plane back to Tennessee right now."

          "Well let's go find out," Corrine says, changing the directions and asking the driver to head to LAX.

          "What? He's probably already gone, besides what would I even say to him?"

         "D," Corrine sighs. "That man is beyond in love with you. What do you think he deserves to hear? What do you want to tell him?"

          Deagan sighs looking out the window, so many thoughts running through her mind.

           The car pulls up to the airport about twenty minutes later, Deagan starts to get out of the car. She's stopped by Corrine, her hand on Deagan's forearm.

        "Deagan when or if you find him, ignore all of the LA crap and the whole being famous bullshit for a second and tell him what it is you want with him and how you feel about him okay?" Corrine advises.

          "Okay," Deagan nods her head and gets out of the car and walking into the airport. Walking into the huge building, Deagan spots Chase as he is handing the lady at the front gate his ticket. After a few friendly exchanges and smiles, Chase disappears into the terminal, calling his flight over the PA system.

          "Can I help you?" Deagan hears a woman's voice.

           "Yeah, I need to talk to the guy that just walked back. Can you delay the plane at all?"

          "No ma'am the only way you would be able to talk to someone on the flight is to buy a ticket," the woman says.

          "Okay give me a ticket," Deagan says pulling out her credit card as the lady takes it, knowing who Deagan is.

           "Of course Ms. Peters," as the woman hands a ticket and Deagan's credit card back to her after a few minutes.

           "We upgraded Mr. McCormick to first class, you should be sitting next to him," the woman says smiling.

          "Thank you so much," says Deagan, texting Corrine real quick letting her know what is going on.

          Her stomach was doing flips as she boards the plane, making her way towards first class. She gets to her seat, noticing an elderly woman sitting where Chase should be sitting.

          "Hi," the elderly woman greets Deagan with a smile. Deagan confused since the woman said they'd be sitting right next to each other.

           "Hi," Deagan greets sitting down. "Umm, a tall, blonde guy was supposed to be sitting right beside me..."

          "Oh yes, that nice boy. He gave his eat up in here for me and is sitting with my husband back in coach. He said he thought I deserved first class more than he did. Very nice young man," coos the elderly woman.

          "Yeah, he is. He's awesome."

          "Is he your boyfriend?" she asks.

          "Yeah he is, but he's not very happy with me right now," Deagan says as the plane begins to take off.

            "Well, you're a very beautiful girl. I'm sure he'll get over it. My husband always acts that way about silly things, but he learns to get over it. That's how we've been married for so long," the woman smiles.

          "I hope so," Deagan smiles. "He just doesn't approve of some of the things I do for my job."

           "What do you do?"

          "I'm a model."

           "Ah," she nods. "I gotcha. It's good he doesn't though. It just means he thinks of you as more than that. And I'm assuming he doesn't want other men seeing what you're showing them if he's so upset about it."

          "Yeah, that's exactly why," Deagan smiles, liking this total stranger.

          "I'm sure you'd feel the same if he was showing a bunch of ladies all of him."

           "Yeah I guess I would," says Deagan thinking.

           "You know I almost didn't marry my husband because I didn't think I ever wanted to settle down. I had moved to New York and loved the nightlife and partying but then he came, and he found me a year later, and he persuaded me to marry him," the elderly woman smiles. 

           "That sounds about right in my situation. Just mine isn't partying and the nightlife, mine is my job."

          "Is it worth it?"

          "I love them both," Deagan says softly.

          "Well its none of my business and it's your choice, but your job won't love you back forever."

          "I know," Deagan smiles running a hand through her hair.