Chapter 26: Morning After

The next morning, Chase wakes up, climbing out of Deagan's bed as he managed to find his way at her house after the pictures last night. After watching Deagan sleep for a few more minutes, he gets up and goes downstairs to get some coffee.

          "Morning, this hasn't happened in a long time," Deagan's mom says smiling, reading the newspaper.

          "Yeah I know," Chase smiles pouring two cups of coffee. "How are you?"

          "I'm good. Honey you need to get your back checked out."

          "Seems someone might need to cut their nails," Chase smiles.

          "You guys were loud last night," looking back down at the newspaper.

          "Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I promise next time we won't be so loud, and maybe we'll take it to my house," Chase nods.

          "No, it's fine. You guys needed it," Deagan's mother says as she's always been relaxed about that sort of stuff. Growing up, her mother was always more of a best friend to Deagan than a mom. Her dad was the strict parent.

          "Yeah, I think my back is proof of that. Well, I should probably go wake her up, give her this," Chase smiles lifting up the full mug of coffee.

           Deagan's mom smiles as she watches Chase disappear around the corner. Walking up the stairs slowly, making sure not to spill any of the coffee, Chase walks into her room and closes the door with his foot. He sets the mugs down on the coffee table and slides back into bed with her. Leaning over and kissing her forehead trying to wake her up, "good morning gorgeous," Chase says softly, but Deagan is not waking up right away. He hears her groan a little and pushing him away a little moving her head to the other side not wanting to wake up.

          "I brought coffee," Chase says pulling the covers up over him. "Your mom heard us," he adds.

          "I figured she would," Deagan says softly, cuddling into Chase.

          "How do you feel today?" Chase asks, kissing the top of Deagan's head.

           "I don't know I haven't moved," Deagan says smiling.

           "Your mom also saw the huge scratches on my back. Apparently, they look bad."

           Sitting up, she looks at Chase. "Turn let me see," Deagan instructs. Chase smiles as he moves from under the covers, repositioning himself on his stomach. Deagan can see the huge scratches on his back the moment he switches to his stomach.

          Turning on her side and lightly running her fingers down the scratches, "I'm sorry," Deagan smiles a little.

           "Don't apologize, I couldn't be happier right now," Chase looks back at Deagan as he reaches over and slides his arm around her waist. "What do you wanna do today?" Chase asks pulling her closer to him.

          Running a hand through her hair, "hmm, you didn't have anything to do today?"

           "Nope," sitting back up. "I can be irresponsible for a day."

           "I kinda wanna go for another ride again. You know that one lake that is like smack dab in the middle of the woods?"

           "Yes ma'am," Chase smirks as he leans over and gives Deagan a peck on the lips.

           "We should ride there, go swimming," kissing Chase back.

           "That sounds like a perfect idea," Chase agrees.