Chapter 4. Bar Encounters

It was Thursday night, the night I was to go into Daisuke's bar and sing. Unfortunately, Shoto couldn't accompany me today either, his idiotic father had him train again. 

Honestly it's like Shoto and I are like cousins or something –raised by two fathers who carry similar ideals. It wouldn't be a shock if Endeavor was my father's long lost brother given how their treatment towards their children is so similar.

But luckily that's not true.

~~

I got dressed in a dark cerise strapless dress that hugged my body and accentuated my assets, I had a simple silver necklace, my hair done in curls, black stilettos, and my makeup was done heavy as usual; eyeliner, foundation, powder, fake lashes, and of course red lipstick. All to make myself unrecognizable.

"Wow." Daisuke whistled, "Someone looks nice. New dress?" he asked.

I laughed nervously, "Yup, thanks for noticing. Honestly I doubted whether this dress was a good choice or not."

He sighed and rolled his eyes, "Woman...you need a confidence boost like ASAP. Go on and start singing, not only do men drool for your voice but they love the view too."

"I'm not here for that attention dude. But this way no one will recognize me."

"Yeah that's what your buddy Todoroki said. But like him I don't agree it's the best choice but oh well. Speaking about him, where is the Candy-Cane boy at? He's like an overprotective brother when he's here. Better than a bodyguard."

I laughed agreeing he was right, "Well unfortunately he had daddy-issues tonight."

"Ouch, sounds rough I don't even wanna ask what that means."

"Heh, well we're used to it so it's whatever I guess." I shrugged with a carefree grin.

I began walking towards the small stage Daisuke had in his bar. Meanwhile, he went back to bartending –something he loved to do. I took a deep breath as I started to greet the crowd. A couple of cat-whistling, some calling my stage name, and cheers from men and women were heard.

Silent cries
And sadden eyes
In the tallest tower
With no power
Isolation is my curse
Can it get any worse?
Following orders from a king
Forgetting how to sing
Trapped princess screaming
No hearts are dreaming
No prince or a knight
Who's ready to save me and fight
I'm a damsel in distress
Who's needs saving from this mess
Coward prince runaway
Bad boy just take me faraway
Find a man who screams danger
Be saved by this stranger
Let my happy ending be near
He will whisper in my ear
Let's run away
I'll do whatever you say
Just don't take forever
Let's be together
I'll be waiting for you

Once again the crowd went wild in awe and claps. I sang a few other songs and finally called it a night. A few guys asking me for my real name and number to which I brushed them off with a smile and headed towards the bar counter for a glass of water.

"Ugh, Daisuke, hit me with some vodka." I groaned jokingly.

Daisuke rolled his eyes at me as he rolled his sleeves up, "Um how about no."

"Come on they look the same." I stifled a laughter.

"You said the same about whiskey and apple juice." He deadpanned. "Last week if I recall correctly."

I chuckled loudly, "I'm joking dude, nah I can't drink, you know I can't get caught. I'm curious to try some but not tonight."

He sighed with a wry smile. "Here's your water. The usual." He emphasized the last part loudly, "And stop laughing you're going to make guys think your drunk and they'll try to snag you."