Chapter 7. When Someone Cares

⚠Warnings: Mentions of murder*

~~

Aizawa's POV

I see (Y/N) almost tripping as she enters class. It's not like her to be this late and looking distressed. She's usually confident and a bit stoic at times. "You're late." I tell her. Though, the rest of my words stop when I see her limping and her ankle clumsily wrapped in a bandage. I'm starting to think the scarf isn't for a fashion purpose.

After telling her to sit down, I notice Todoroki looking at her. They're close friends from what I've seen. He looks concerned as she attempts to smile at him. Something must've happened to her no doubt about it.

I tell everyone to go put on their gym clothes, they all stand up and noisily start walking out.
But regarding (Y/N) I tell her otherwise, "(Y/N), you go see Recovery Girl."

She starts protesting, much to my annoyance. "T-t-that's not necessary." She stuttered a bit.

I sighed irritated, "You're not going to be able to do anything with an hurt ankle like that not now or later when we train. Just go."

Maybe my tone must've intimidated her because she nods and leaves. After a while, I decided to go check on her. Hopefully she's feeling better. But unfortunately her wounds aren't just physical they're mentally too.

She looks at me surprised probably not expecting me to be here but as her teacher I simply can't act like nothing happened when something obviously did. With how her relationship with her father is, I'm afraid she might be suffering abuse from him. She may be his daughter but she shouldn't feel the obligation to keep quiet when he's hurting her. 

"Explain." I told her. "Who hurt you? Was it your father?"

She shook her head rapidly, "He's never hurt me physically only emotionally for now at least. This time he has nothing to do with this. It happened last night."

What could she be doing late at night? She told me herself she's not allowed after 7pm to be outside, that's why I was training her after school until 4. "Okay, and what else?" I asked with a serious tone.

"I was walking around midnight or so, I couldn't sleep that's why."

That sounded like a lie but I let her continue.

"I know I shouldn't have, I should've just teleported home when that pervert started bothering me and then pushing me into the dark alley. He started choking me, that's why my neck has a mark. But then..."

She started shivering, a couple of scenarios crossed my mind. I really hope he didn't do what I think he did. "Did he?" I asked hesitant.

"Oh no!" she quickly said and I sighed with relief. "He didn't have the opportunity to do anything because of what I did. I... I didn't mean to but it happened. It..."

She wasn't making any sense. "You what?" I asked rather impatiently.

Tears accumulated in her eyes ready to flow like a cascade. "I can't tell you. You'll hate me, just like my father, I haven't even told Shoto because I fear he'll hate me for what I did. I didn't mean it but my quirk it just..."

"Your second quirk, did you use it on him?" I assume she used it by how she was glancing at her hands. True, she's gotten better at controlling it but not nearly as well in order for her to use it against someone. If I start piecing things together I can sort of see what she's trying to tell me. Her quirk may have gotten out of control considering the situation she was facing. "(Y/N) I'm not going to hate you. Whatever you did you didn't do it on purpose. Now tell me what happened? You can trust me. I won't tell anyone unless you tell me otherwise."