Chapter 30. My Dabi

A/n: Warning some spoilers up ahead regarding Dabi's background story~ Proceed with caution 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning...

There I was walking out of the UA's faculty room, I had just met with Aizawa giving him a document I happened to 'borrow' from my father's office earlier today.

There was a bunch of numbers and names listed on the documents as well as lots of sums of money and company names; even some odd symbols I didn't understand too.

Given I didn't know what it all meant, I decided to contact Aizawa. After much hesitation I ended up accepting Aizawa's offer to help me.

"Hope this helps, I really don't know whether that rumor Leonard said was true or not but I borrowed this in hope it might lead to somewhere. I don't have a clue about how businesses run so if he's laundering money I wouldn't know." I explained with a serious gaze.

"Not to worry, we can handle that, Kiddo. But next time don't steal any documents, copy them or something. What if he notices you were the one to take them?"

"I said borrow, and he won't notice. He's too busy or should I say recovering from his injury to worry about that."

"Injury?" Aizawa asked confused.

I nodded with my eyes set on the floor angrily. That Dabi... I bet it was him. Can't he realize the danger he put himself in?? That man could've hurt him or captured him.

"Last night my father came from the hospital with a bandage on his arm, he got burned by someone or something. I don't know."

"I'm hoping that wasn't Todoroki or Bakugou." He sighed rubbing his tired eyes.

I let out a chuckle, "No, it wasn't them. Though, I think they wouldn't have hesitated to do that. But it was someone else. But I have no clue who." I lied partly.

He nodded. "Well, I'm glad you seem optimistic about this, last time I saw you, you seemed just about to be giving up. Good to see you're not."

It was my turn to nod. "Well how can I give up? I've got like six people telling me I can't and that they'll help me. Everyone's optimism was contagious I guess."

"Right. So, assuming we manage to find your dad guilty of some crime, what do you plan on doing next?"

"Next?" I repeated dubiously, "I haven't thought about it but, heh at this point I'm just hoping I survive. And if I can... I still want to go to UA."

"I see..." he simply replied.

Before we know it time flew by and it was time for class.

Time Skip~

"Your boyfriend is weird." Sho tells me out of the blue.

"Huh? You think everyone's weird." I chuckled, shaking my head a bit.

"No I don't." He protested. "Anyway, I can't help but feel like your boyfriend is hiding something." Sho said concerned as we walked through the hallway together, meanwhile I was fidgeting with my gloves and utility belt. Sho eyed me oddly. "You okay there?"

I nodded quickly. "Ah, yeah. My hand felt tingly for some reason. But whatever. Go on, what do you mean by him hiding something?" I asked him with slight fear that he's discovered that Dabi works with villains. Though, luckily that wasn't it...

"He told me to take care yesterday and patted my head."

Okay, that sounds odd... like a non-Dabi thing to do but maybe he's just being nice? I didn't want to make the issue any bigger so I said, "You're younger than him and since you're my best friend he probably cares about you too."