Chapter 9. Broken Doll

Dabi's POV

It's been several weeks since I've seen her. I fight the urge to go back into that bar and see her pretty face and tease her. What's this feeling I experience every time I think about her? Is it lust? It has to be. I've never loved anyone. I don't know what that feels like. 

But at the same time I think it's not lust either. It bothers me when my thoughts end up being about her. It's her fault I'm feeling so odd. Yet, the feeling when I get to see her calms me like nothing ever has before.

Maybe what attracts me to her is how opposite she is of me. She's pure; I'm not. Maybe the idea of tainting her pureness has me enthralled, and nothing else. Yeah that must be it. So, it's best that I don't see her at all. I can't find it in me to hurt her. I couldn't live with myself if I did.

However, fate has other plans...

~~

I was walking through the night, something I'm used to doing. It was a tiring day, scouting people is such a pain in the ass but it's a part of my job so what can I do? I sighed deeply as I placed my hands in my pocket, walking leisurely to my apartment. Yet, the idea of going home was put on hold when I saw a familiar figure. 

It just had to be her.

"Answer me... please... ugh where are you at?" I hear that sweet voice panic as she runs across the street into the park.

I'm overcome with concern for her, why would she be running in a gown with her phone in her hand and running to a secluded area? She's honestly a chick with a magnet for trouble. But that isn't the worst part, the worst part is that I'm worried and  I'm running after her.

After looking several minutes I see her standing in front of the lake; next to a tall oak tree. Her back is turned to me. I hesitate to walk towards her; I stand there watching her and hearing her beautiful voice sing a sad melody. She's indeed a broken beautiful doll.

~~ 
(Y/N)'s POV

I can run forever, but I will never be able to hide from him. He'll never let me do what I want. All because of a story I don't know. 

Did my mom leave us? Was it her fault or his? Did he force her to leave? Or is that rumor of her being dead true? I wish I knew...

I tried calling Shoto but there was no answer, I texted him, and still nothing. He must be training so once he's done he'll see those messages.

But in the meantime I needed to escape the hell-like party I was at. I ran across the street that led to the park. As my eyes laid on the lake in front, I watched the water glisten as the moonlight casted upon it. I find a lonesome tune popping into my mind. It begins with a soft hum then words fill the air around me.

I wish you were near
It'd be different if you were here

I see time fly
Masking a lie
What is wrong what is right?
Is it tainted with darkness or tainted with light?
Confusion is a pain
I'm just crying out your name in vain
I wish I knew
What happened to you...~

My voice cracks and I let out a shivering exhale. I hear a rustling sound of dry leaves behind me. I quickly turn around and as I do my eyes widened.

I see him... Dabi, walking towards me. "Hey Dollface." He softly addresses me.

My heart aches as I see him. He's standing there with an uncharacteristic soft expression. His tone isn't mocking or aloof. How many days has it been since I've last seen him? Not days... weeks.