Chapter 5. Hello Again

Dabi's POV

If you ask me why I did it, easy I'll tell you; it's because I was bored and had nothing to do. Yet, that's only partly true. The truth is I don't know why I decided to step in and save that singing chick. Hell, I don't even know why I saved her twice. I guess you could say there's something about her that interests me, it's like she calls out to me... just like her stage name –Siren.

*Earlier in the day*

I recently joined the League of Villains, a few days ago to be precise. Honestly I can't say I'm happy by who leads it, he's a childish brat with a sick twisted mind. All these people in the league are well eccentric to put it nicely. 

Heh, well I guess I'm no different either. My looks don't scream hero or good-guy. And ironically I have a hero to blame for that; my dad who I utterly despise.

When younger I dreamt of becoming a hero, I had dreams like any other kid. But some dreams simply stay at that –scenarios in your head that will not happen. I learned that brutally as I grew up. My dad the so called hero, tainted the meaning of heroes to me. 

That's why I believe in what the Hero Killer, Stain, says about heroes losing their true meaning and only really care about fame and money. My bastard of a father is living proof of that; he wanted power and be the number one. While he gave society a heroic façade, he gave his family a villainous one. 

I can't express how much I loathe what he put me through... I hate how society sees him as the good guy when he's not. That just proves Stain's beliefs once more; society is corrupted with fraudulent heroes. Now, that I'm older I understand and feel confident in where I stand. I want to make a change in this society, expose those fakes, and the way by doing it was to join the League of Villains.

Sure I find these guys a bit annoying and their hideout to be well a shithole, but I guess I'll deal with it, as long as I get to follow Stain's ideology and accomplish goals.

"Dabi~" the crazy blonde chick, named Toga something whines, "Dabi~ I can keep a secret! Tell me what's your real name?"

I sighed for what seems to be the eighth time today. I'm still not sure why they even let her join. I don't even understand why she cares about my real name either. It's not her business, she shouldn't be nosy. "I'm not telling you." I replied monotonously.

"Aw come on! I'll tell you a secret if you tell me yours!" she grinned like a lunatic.

"Not interested." I reply unsympathetically.

"Dabi!" she cries. "You're no fun! Hey Dabi let's be friends."

"I'm not here to make friends." I aloofly tell her but she doesn't seem to understand.

This of course leads the boss man to growl in irritation. "Kurogiri, get them to shut up. They're so annoying." Handy-man starts scratching his neck. Must have some anxiety tick or something.

"You're the annoying one." I roll my eyes.

"What did you say?" he says turning towards me.

I shrug with a nonchalant expression, "You heard me. Whatever I'm leaving. Call if you need me." I spoke carelessly as I left the bar.

It wasn't that late, but the sun has already set. I didn't feel like going to my place just yet; I was dying of boredom. Maybe I'll go get a drink or something I mused.

After minutes of endlessly walking without a destination in mind, I came across a small bar. I've heard rumors of this place, that it has quite the clientele involving shady people. Mostly older men trying to scout younger girls into well y'know prostitution and such, a bit of drug use too. But they might just be rumors.