Chapter 21. A Bitter Welcome

A/n: Surprise here's an update today! Please enjoy! 😊

(Y/N)'s POV

It's been a few days since Shoto and Dabi met, I'm glad to see they've gotten along though I can't help but wonder why Dabi is somewhat tense around Shoto. Like I can tell he choses his words carefully around him. He doesn't cuss around him as much as he does with Daisuke. Could it be the age difference? Or simply because he wants to leave a good impression on a friend of mine? Eh I guess I shouldn't worry much about it though... right?

Sadly, I have other things to worry about...

~~

"Dabi, I won't be able to see you as much." I tell him as I'm sitting with him on his couch. His arms tightly wrapped around me. Him kissing my neck every once in a while.

He suddenly stopped. "Why the hell is that?" he asked a bit frustrated.

"He's coming back home from his trip tomorrow morning. Also I'm going to turn down Leo's proposal." I explained briefly. "Don't know how I'll tell him that. He might get mad or something and schedule extra training sessions. But no worries, I just wanted to let you know so you don't think I disappeared on you."

"I'm still worried (Y/N)." he sighed sadly. "I don't want him to hurt you."

I wish I could say he hasn't but he has... I still recall getting slapped by him. I shook my head, and flashed him a courageous smile, "I won't let him do anything that'll hurt me. I promise."

"If you say so." He says a bit unconvinced. Yet, he gives me no room to ask him why as he digs his face into my neck again. "I'll... miss you."

"You what?"

"You heard me." he muttered with a deep tone.

I giggled. "I did but I wanted to hear you again."

"Hmph."

"I'll miss you too dummy." I told him.

"Sleep here tonight?" Dabi offered with a small smile; he looked so precious.

I nodded. "Lemme borrow a shirt to sleep in then? That one with the cool logo on it." I grinned deviously.

He tittered, "Hah, look at you grinning like that. Liar, I know you're not just going borrow it."

"So?" I teased, "Haven't you heard that saying, what's mine is yours?"

"Tch, yeah, yeah. I can't say no to you either way." He said pinching my cheek. "Besides, I like seeing you wearing my clothes. It's sexy."

"Dabi!" I blushed embarrassed. 

"You're cute when you blush. You know that?" he smirked. But then his smirk faded into a sad smile. "It's not like to say this but... I mean it, I really will miss you. A lot."

"So will I." I told him as I caressed his cheek softly. "But, I'll call you every night."

"I'd like that."

I smiled at him and we then stood up. He handed me a shirt from the drawer and I went into the bathroom to change. Once I finished he patted the spot next to him on the bed with a soft smile.

I got under the covers and lied closely to him. He wrapped his arm around me; feeling his warmth I rapidly end up sleeping soundly. Yet, unaware of Dabi's thoughts burdening him.

Dabi's POV

Dollface falls asleep in my arms –a common thing of ours. I shut my eyes hoping to get some sleep but... I keep thinking about what she told. I'm way too concerned about her. That bastard might try to hurt her. And here I am not being able to do anything...