Chapter 16. Jealousy Calls

Dabi's POV

I don't think my heart can take it anymore. Every time I see her it's a skipping mess. How am I going supposed to act natural around her when all it takes is for me to see those big beautiful (E/C) eyes and I feel myself crumbling with pure joy and love. 

I debate whether I should tell her. If only I wasn't a villain or she wasn't a soon-to-be hero it would be easier. Ah who am I fooling, I'm much older than her. Kinda makes me feel weird about dating someone much younger than me but her mind is so mature it makes up for her age. 

Nah, it's not the age or anything above that. I doubt and fear nothing can submerge between us because she has a fiancé... that's the big fucking issue here –well one of them.

~~

A few hours have passed since breakfast, she surely surprised me with her cooking skills. Another reason to love her even more. Unfortunately, my beloved (Y/N) has left to her house to change clothes and sleep a bit. She promised me she'd be back at night again, since that's around the time her dad won't suspect her sneaking out.

But the hours seem painfully long. Hell, even my own injuries don't hurt anymore, what hurts me most is her absence. I fear I'll never get to see her again. 

I text the league through our group-chat letting them know I couldn't make it today or the next day for personal reasons. I'm guessing things are going smoothly because Handy-man said he didn't give a shit. Toga as usual was nosy, Kurogiri was the only one who behaved like a normal person and said to take care and whatnot.

I placed my phone down, and picked up a book I had sitting on the nightstand. Eventually I dozed off. But was quickly awoken by an unfamiliar ringtone. I puzzled the pieces together and realized it had to be (Y/N)'s phone. I tried ignoring those incoming calls; I didn't want to pry on her business but the phone simply wouldn't shut the fuck up. 

I grew slightly annoyed and picked her phone. I saw the caller ID which displayed the name 'Sho'.

Seemed like a guy's name and oddly it made me remember someone. Whether nostalgia won me over or curiosity did, maybe a little bit of jealousy but I won't admit it openly, I ended up picking up the call.

"Hey." I answered in my most nonchalant tone.

There's a bit of silence before I hear a male voice address me, quite harshly too. "Who is this? Why are you answering (Y/N)'s phone?"

"Hm? And why would me answering her phone be any of your concern? Don't tell me you're her fiancé." I asked mildly irked.

"No I'm not. You haven't answered my questions. Who are you?" he coldly retorted.

"Ah, so you must be Candy-cane boy. The dude who I unfortunately never get to meet." I say rather annoyed but at the same time curious. Dollface has told me about him but it's always one thing or another and we never meet. Kinda funny if you ask me.

"And you must be Mystery Stalker."

"Hah?" Did he just call me a stalker? This brat...

"You heard me. Pass (Y/N) the phone now will you? I have to talk to her." He audaciously spoke.

I scoffed. "She's not here at the moment. It's not my obligation to tell you but she left her phone at my place." I replied with a smirk, even though he couldn't see me. That'll show this brat to respect his elders.

"She what?" the guy gasps with disbelief.

"You heard me." 

"She better be okay or else!" he begins to threaten.

Hehe, I like this kid he's got a fiery attitude. "Calm down kid, she was helping me out, she left to her place and forgot the phone, don't worry she's fine." I ended up reassuring him because otherwise he might snitch and tell (Y/N) I was implying something inappropriate.

"Anyway, I'm somewhat busy. I'll let her know you called. Nice speaking with ya Candy-cane boy."

"...Yeah. Bye."

Once the call ends I let out a chuckle. Heh, so that was her friend. Eh, he's alright. I'm glad he wasn't her fiancé. It would've been awkward. And I don't think I'd wanna talk to him, like it or not he's her fiancé; he's my rival, whether he genuinely likes her or not.

Not more than ten minutes pass, again her phone rings. I carelessly answer it again, not bothering to see the caller ID. Fuck that was a mistake. Candy-cane boy must be very persistent, I thought; but I was gravely mistaken.

The shock in my voice is evident when I hear the other person say, "Good evening (Y/N)."

"Uh..." this guy, his accent... I felt myself tense up. "She's... not available at the moment."

Why the hell did I even answer? I'm regretting this so much... I'm not ready to face my rival. "Why would that be? With whom am I speaking with?" he asked a bit demanding.

"Long story, she forgot her phone. I'll let her know you called. Bye." I hanged up rapidly.

Fuck... I'm lame. I couldn't even hold a conversation with that idiot. I am jealous... and it probably shows...

The phone rings again. Oh, hell no. Yup I'm not answering it. I can't go through that shit again. That's what I get for being nosy and jealous.

I closed my eyes and laid back on the bed, waiting for my lovely Dollface to come. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SpecialNotes: Love is making Dabi stupid, jk. Dabi's way too in love yet he feels so much insecurity; he and Todoroki have finally spoken but they don't recognize each other... yet

The Preview: 

He seems to be lost in his thoughts pondering what he wants. He looks like a little kid getting pampered. It's cute. After moments of thinking he finally said, "Soba... but um preferably cold."

"Cold soba?" I question out loud. What are the odds... Just like Shoto.

"There a problem?" he asks suspiciously as he looked at me with mild shock.