Chapter 12. Lovesick

Of all people why did it have to be him? I fell for a bad boy; how typical. And yet, how can I even be so sure I... love Dabi? 

He's so different from me, from everyone I've ever met. Him being so different was actually the reason what drew my attention to him the moment I saw him at Daisuke's bar. 

I like how he's not afraid to say what's on his mind; he's honest. I like his personality which can be a pain at times but I adore that shit eating grin of his. His smirk, oh it just makes my knees weak.

But it's not just that. The look his eyes gives has me wondering so much about him. I barely know him. I wish I could know why he became a villain. And why his beautiful gem-like eyes reflect pain and mystery. What caused his scars? Did someone hurt him or did he hurt himself? I hate seeing him look upset, it makes my heart squish painfully, I want to protect him. I want him to lean on me.

His warmth... I love how warm his hands are. If I could sleep in his chest, I bet the cold would never bother me again. I'm starting to crave his touch, his body, like I never have craved anybody before. Him being so close to me has awaken emotions in me I didn't think existed. He's messing with my mind, my thoughts, even my body.

And alas, it aches me to know that maybe he may not feel the same way I do. For all I know I may just be a childish brat he only likes as a friend or someone to joke around with. That pains me...

It's all because I love him don't I?

~~

"Yeah, that's love sweetheart. And it sounds to me like you've got it bad. It's Dabi isn't it?" Daisuke all knowingly states.

I sighed. "Don't tell Shoto, he'll go overprotective brother-mode on me. And since he hasn't been able to meet Dabi it's sorta has Shoto thinking suspicious thoughts of him. I couldn't even bring myself to tell him that Dabi is indeed a villain."

"Well, can't say I blame him, even I'm not sure what to feel about it either. You loving a dangerous fella, who not to mention is older than you." He says softly sighing.

"I don't care about that." I confidently confessed.

"Not now right? You sure this isn't some way of rebelling against your old man? If he were to find out his daughter fell in love with a villain oh geez, he'd probably die. But he'd probably kill you and Dabi first, then die."

"Hahaha, very funny." I deadpanned, yet partly agreed with him. "I'll admit I thought about that too but... when I see Dabi I only see him and not some way of pestering that man. I like him a lot but truth be said if my father were to find out about Dabi it would ruin things. Dabi would probably want to avoid all that mess."

Daisuke shook his head, "Hmm, I doubt it. Speaking as a guy, and who has talked with him a couple of times he doesn't seem like the guy who would waste his time on talking with someone he didn't like. He's fond of you. I could even say he loves you. You should hear the way he talks about you when you sing, it's like you've put him under a spell and boy don't you get me started on the way he looks at you. He seems like a lovestruck boy."

"That... what if he sees me only like a friends with benefits sort of thing?"

He rolled his eyes at me, "If he did, he would've already gotten into your pants. Stop making excuses, both of you have a thing for each other. You two are both stubborn to admit it. Well maybe Dabi is a bit different..."

"How so?" I asked confused.

"You're engaged (Y/N), he can't just freely tell you 'hey I love you and it's okay if you have a fiancé, we can totally share'. He's obviously trying to respect where you stand at. For all he knows you could eventually fall in love with a polite Englishman like Leonard. He also knows that your father is forcing you to marry that's not something he can easily fight against."