Chapter 38. Message 4

Daisuke's POV

I can't believe it. When Shoto told me she had been kidnapped my heart felt like it was going to explode. But the moment I saw on the news that she and a villain flame user had died... my heart had stopped completely.

 I grew fond of them within the short time of knowing them. (Y/N) was like a sister to me. We shared a secret, she sang in my bar, we we're great friends... she was just singing a few weeks ago here... it seems like a dream more than anything. 

And Dabi—although he was a villain I cared for him too, he was like a brother to me. I helped him confess his feelings to (Y/N). We were best friends. 

I remember how she told me about Dabi's real identity... that he's actually Shoto's eldest brother who they thought had died. Reason for that was because I overheard her calling him Touya once and (Y/N)'s a terrible liar.

It's such an ironic story, Shoto worried about (Y/N) ending up like Touya, only for her to actually meet Touya as Dabi and fall in love with him. 

But sadly, both ended up dead. I see no point in telling Shoto who Dabi was, he's in a lot of pain already. No need to add more salt to the wound as the saying goes...

Speaking of Shoto, he was here yesterday. He's upset; he was crying as he told me the details of their death and that (Y/N)'s dad had been finally arrested along with his dad for money laundering. They would finally have a happy ending but (Y/N) and Touya the protagonists of the story were gone.

For both of them to not be here it breaks my heart. I don't know what to do. They should be here with Shoto and I enjoying this sucess. Finally both of them were going to be freed from their suffering and yet... it's not possible.

I can remember it very clearly as if it were yesterday when I met (Y/N)...

~~

I had just been given the bar's ownership. My dad left it at a rough moment, I needed to find a way to haul more people in and well I was at loss for ideas. Therefore, I took a stroll to clear my mind. That's when I heard it. 

It was such a beautiful melody, a sweet voice singing, it was angelical. There she was singing in the park, a bunch of birds were near her as she sung. As she finished, I started clapping.

"Ah, my bad there didn't mean to startle you. Wow, I must say though, you have an amazing voice, you a professional singer by any chance?" I asked with intrigue.

She shook her head, "No." she stated with a flat tone. Her eyes were sad, she seemed to be escaping something but what?

"My name is Tachibana Daisuke. But you can call me Daisuke, we don't seem so far apart in age."

"Right, nice to meet you Daisuke, I'm (Y/N)."

There was a moment of silence between us. I couldn't stand it so I ended up telling her. "You look so sad. Do you always look this sad after singing?"

She shook her head. Is she crying???! Did I make her cry??? "Ah please don't cry! I didn't mean to make you cry!" I exclaimed with guilt.

(Y/N) wiped her eyes, "It's not your fault. I can't help but be sad after I sing, because I'm not supposed to do it. My father forbids it. He wants me to be a hero, but I can't, I don't want to. I want to sing. Ugh..." I sighed deeply. "Sorry, I spoke too much, I don't wish to bother you with my messed-up life."

She's worried about that? "It's no bother. Haven't you heard that speaking to a stranger is more relieving than talking to one of your friends?"

"I don't have any friends. My father's strict and he might get mad if I socialize with other people I'm not supposed to."