Chapter 39. Message 5

Todoroki's POV

I refuse to believe it. They can't be dead. (N/N) and Dabi can't be dead... Why? Why did she have to end up like him too... why couldn't I do anything to help her? If only had she let us help her, if she had told us what was really going on, would she... would they be with us?

Guilt, regret, anger, but most of all sadness fills my heart and torments my mind. Bakugou told us she promised to come back that she would live... 

I'm speechless. The pain is too much.

I lost more than a friend, I lost my best friend. Since the moment we met she accepted me for who I was. She was always there for me, comforting me when I'd be livid about my dad and such. 

She was the one who helped me socialize more. I met Daisuke and Dabi because of her. While Dabi might be a villain, I grew fond of him too. It angered me the moment he took her away. But once Bakugou explained to Midoriya and me, I couldn't stay mad at him. I miss him too...

But even so, here I am once again alone. (Y/N)! Why did you have to leave now! Now when both of us are free from our perturbing dads. Thanks to Aizawa and the documents he was given, there was enough evidence to place (Y/N)'s dad to prison for fraud and drug abuse. Not only that but my own dad had been involved in that shady line of business, he too is going away for a long time.

(Y/N) you should be here... the storm as you called it is finally over. Why did you have to leave now?!

~~

I recall how I met her, how I caught her singing in the hallway one day, thinking no one was watching her. I was vexed, conflicted, upset, I wasn't sure about using my left side. I was having a terrible day but all that cleared up when I heard her sing.

 And yet, I saw the painful look she had in her eyes. She was upset I had caught her. I didn't understand back then but something odd had happened. I wanted to know why she looked like that. She had the same hatred, livid expression in her eyes, as I did.

She caught my interest and without realizing it we became quick friends. We had a lot in common. We had two quirks, one from each parent, and one we didn't want to use. Yet, together we slowly did. She helped accept my scar to which I was very subconscious about and I helped her remember it was okay to not be perfect all the time.

There's a moment I remember, it brings a smile onto my face. We had been paired up to do a school project together. We had finished quickly, not a surprise since (Y/N) was very smart and fluent in many languages.

"I'm bored." She exhaled as her face landed on the book in front of her. "And I'm hungry."

"We have time, want to go eat somewhere together?" I suggested as I eyed her oddly, her face was hilariously plastered on the book making her talk weird.

"Ooo! Good idea Sho." She called me and stood up rapidly, "Where to though?"

"What do you want to eat?" I asked her. She tilted her head and shrugged.

"Anything honestly, I'm so hungry I'm disappearing into thin air. Look at me Sho, I'm fading away." She said dramatically as she leaned on me and I flicked her forehead.

"You are so dramatic. I know you, you're a picky eater. Don't think I didn't see you spitting out that broccoli from earlier. Not very ladylike either, you almost broke your façade."

"Hey, it's not my fault, I didn't know it had that and I only like broccoli steamed not raw, yuck!"

"You need to eat healthy (Y/N)." I reminded her.

She gave me a weird expression. "No thank you I'm good. I want something tasty. I wanna try something you eat, what was that again, ah soba!"

Who can say no to soba? "You better not spit that out or else I'm not going to help you cover your slip-ups when you break out of your façade anymore."