Chapter 19. LOV-E

The next morning~

"Hey, I'm just thinking, how did you know about my deal with Leo?" no later do I say those words I see Dabi tense up and see his hand rub the back of his neck nervously. "It was Daisuke wasn't it? Blabbermouth. Spilling my stuff."

"Hey now, if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have acted this soon." He awkwardly explained. "I'm kinda grateful he told me."

I smiled at him, "I guess I am too."

"You guess?" he says a bit offended, okay maybe a lot offended.

"I am!" I exclaimed. "I love you baby."

"B...baby?" he repeated hesitantly with a blush.

I giggled though it caused him to swoop me in and steal a kiss making me blush immensely. He smirked deviously as he pulled away. He told me he loved me once again and flashed me that smile I love with all my heart.

I truly couldn't be happier, and I'm confident Dabi was too.

~~Days later*

As the hours passed by my life seemed less blue since Dabi and I confessed to each other. We've gotten really close, sharing more of our daily routines and opinions. We even started to meet up almost every day. 

He's become such a sweetheart; he brought me a rose the other day. He was grumbling-blushing mess but it was an adorable sight to see. It's nice to see he's letting lose with his true demeanor. One moment he's a tease the next he's a romantic.

However my sweet thoughts of Dabi got roughly interrupted by someone who tapped me on the shoulder. I quickly turned to see who it is and I sighed with relief. "Gosh, don't scare me like that! I thought you were some thug."

"Wow, how rude." He deadpanned.

"Anyway, um hi?" I smiled yet he didn't.

"Skipping school today?" Daisuke scolded me with his index finger moving back and forth, "You'll get in trouble with that man (Y/N)."

I shook my head, "Actually, I had an excused absence today."

He rose his eyebrow with concern, "Really? What for?"

Looking to the side, avoiding his eyes, I explained vaguely, "Well it's actually about my quirk, it's been acting weird."

"Which one?"

I thought back to yesterday... while I trained with Aizawa.

~Flashback*

"(Y/N), focus your energy on a single destination." Aizawa instructed me.

I tried to do as he said but I suddenly let out a groan as the electric wave coming out from my index finger explodes in my hand. "Ouch." I grimaced with a hiss.

"What happened?" he asked concerned. "Have you been practicing on your own again? I told you it's going to end up backlashing you."

"I didn't use it. I haven't since our last training session. But I'm starting to feel the drawbacks of both my quirks. My hand is numb and I feel really sleepy."

"That's not normal. Well except for you being sleepy, I always seem to catch you sleeping in class."

"Oh you noticed that?" I laughed nervously. He nodded and so I awkwardly had to agree. "Well yeah, the other part isn't normal. This is the first time it's happened though. I feel the drawbacks of my quirk within a few minutes of using my quirk. It's almost like I've used it nonstop for hours."