XII

The first night at home was as tolerable as could be.

After we settled in, our group didn't interact much. I spent most of my time with my cat, actually, who I left behind instead of bringing to Hogwarts because of his age. Poor thing was too old to come with me to school, so I just settled for keeping Dante home.

As quickly as possible, I left mine and Draco's joint room and headed for the library where I spent time reading with Dante at my side. It was quite relaxing, and I spent the whole evening until dinner with him. We played a little bit, but the poor old cat would rather lay in my lap for most of the time.

Upon being called to dinner, I was somewhat apprehensive that I'd be forced into more arrangements as per my parents orders, but I was satisfied when we simply had a polite and cordial meal without anymore tasks. Apart from a dress fitting my mother assigned for me the next day, it was a tolerable dinner without any major issues.

After dinner I retreated to the library again to pass time, before being faced with the reality of the matter that I'd have to share a bed with Draco.

I made sure to dress in something comfortable, just an oversized shirt and shorts that weren't revealing, seeing as I wasn't anywhere near ready to dress in a way that would be suggestive around him. He seemed to reciprocate the notion, as he wore some sweatpants and a black a-style shirt.

When I slipped into bed, Draco was already asleep. It was evident by the soft snores that came from his lips. He was far to the left side of the bed, despite the fact that it was huge and he could have slept way closer to the middle with no risk of us touching. He was laying on his stomach, with his arms under his pillow and his platinum hair scattered across the silky pillowcase. He looked... peaceful, actually. Nonthreatening. Tolerable.

I took my place to the right side of the bed, capitalizing on the fact he slept so close to the edge so that left more room for me wherever I wanted.

When I woke up, he was already gone. I didn't figure him for an early bird, but it was entirely possible he was just trying to avoid the awkwardness of us sharing the bed. It was more likely than not.

My first (and only, really) task of the day was my dress fitting. I made sure to do it straight away, so I could spend the rest of the day relaxing as I wanted without any distractions.

Soon after I awoke and did my morning routine, I headed down to the wardrobe room in our manor which we typically reserved for occasions like this. Some of our memorable outfits were there for show, as well, such as wedding dresses and various gowns worn at different balls or galas.

I heard some chatting from outside, assuming that the tailor was already there, probably working with my mother. I stepped inside to see not my mother, but Draco being fitted. He was stood up on a small podium for the tailor to better assess his needs. He was dressed in a black velvet tuxedo with a shorter neckline and appropriately sized bowtie. Not quite the outfit I was expecting, but I assumed he had no choice in the matter.

"Ah, Signora Malfoy!"

My head turned to notice the tailor rushing over to me, engulfing me in a hug. I'd probably recognized him from somewhere before, I wouldn't be surprised if he managed one of our other fittings before.

I wasn't used to being referred to as Mrs. Malfoy or anything connoting my marriage to Draco, but there was no point in correcting him about "Vitelli". Not here, anyway. Plus, I legally was y/n Malfoy, so he wasn't exactly incorrect in his wording.

"Please go into the second room next door to meet for your fitting... hai un vestito molto bello!" his thick Italian accent came out when he spoke about my dress.