XXVI

"Are you interested in going shopping this afternoon?" Daphne asked, looking up from her book.

"I don't know, Daph. I'm busy," I shrugged with a crooked smile.

"Ah, you've been saying that for a week straight. I've been needing a good shopping spree."

"I know, but I've got to help Draco. Bring me something back if you want."

Daphne rolled her eyes, tossing the book across the bed. "You've been 'helping Draco' for... how many days now? Far too many, y/n."

"What's that supposed to insinuate?"

She smirked. "You two finally have a proper relationship. I'm guessing you're doing a lot more than just getting his assignments and meals, right?"

I looked down at my lap and blushed to myself. She was right.

Of course, I told her that we kissed that day after the quidditch game. Not just kissed, but seriously kissed. It was a culmination of all the emotions we'd both been seemingly feeling so strongly. Every time I closed my eyes I could still feel his skin against me and how it felt to have his lips caress mine.

I caught him off guard, but he wasn't disappointed. We parted for just a moment, to look each other in the eyes, as if to silently agree that we both wanted whatever was happening between us. It wasn't a spur of the moment decision; the kiss, yes it was unplanned, but the feelings we had been long overdue a confession.

Once he got the confirmation from my gaze that I was interested, he kissed me again. It started softly, pressing his lips to mine and gently moving in sync. It was like we were getting to know each other all over again. It couldn't be rushed, or something would go wrong. We knew between the two of us that something always seemed to go wrong; this would not be one of those times. It needed to be done slowly at first, soak in as much of the feeling as we could before it would advance.

And advance, it did.

As much as I enjoyed the soft, loving kisses that clearly were trying to make a good impression and express care, we both wanted more. It had to be done; we ached for it. Draco's hands, although bruised and sore, moved their way around my waist and I (trying to avoid his injuries as best I could) wrapped mine around his neck. The kisses became hungrier, exploring the insides of each other's mouths to the fullest extent.

It wasn't sloppy; if anything, the opposite. It was just passionate, conveying as much desire as possible while maintaining some composure. His hands roamed up and down, paying my hips particular attention as he seemed to grab them as best as he could. His long, cold fingers dug into my skin and left it hot for once, rather than chilled. My hands seemed to find a comfortable place in his blonde locks, slightly tugging on them and eliciting soft hums of approval from him in return.

Every so often we'd pull away for a moment, just to look at each other again. It was glorious: the sight of him with reddened plumped lips and messy hair was something to behold. It made me flutter with a sensual happiness that I was the one that made him look like that. The grin on his face, not malicious or troublesome, but out of breathlessness made it all the more enjoyable.

If it weren't for Theo and Blaise coming back, we could've stayed there for Merlin knows how long. Speaking of which, only Merlin knows how many times I've replayed the memory of us back over again.

In terms of the week after, it had been a similar, but less intense experience. We stole many kisses (some more passionate than others) over the course of a few days, but it never escalated into anything unhinged or too wild for any reason. I told myself it was probably because Theo or Blaise could walk in at any moment, but I couldn't be sure.