Chapter 3

Inside the ice wall, Emma zipped up her jacket and she looked at Rose Red and Elsa, "Aren't you two cold? I'm freezing," Emma said.

"It's never bothered me," Elsa said.

"Immortal... But I feel it more than usual, it's not life-threatening... Yet," Rose Red said.

"Lucky for some..." Rose Red smiled at her slightly, "The other day, there was something here... We called it a snow monster. I assume that's something you made?" Emma said.

"I'll do whatever it takes to get my sister back," Elsa said.

"You're a big sister, I get that. Doing anything for you younger siblings," Rose Red looked at Elsa, "I can tell you care about Anna a lot. We're sorry about her necklace," Rose Red said.

Elsa looked around, "Where is it?" She asked.

"It fell inside the ice here," Rose Red pointed into the ice, "You can melt down to get it back. Keep going and we could take this whole conversation somewhere warmer," Elsa hesitated, "You can't control it, can you?" Rose Red said.

"What you said to David on the walkie, it wasn't a threat. It was a warning because you can't control what you're doing," Emma said.

"What makes you think you know me?" Elsa asked.

"Because I know me, and I have powers, too, and I'm not great at controlling them," Emma said.

"I also have magic but I can't feel my fingers to break your wall..." Rose Red looked at Elsa, "I used to have dark magic but I've changed... And it's not reliable when my emotions are all over the place," Rose Red said.

"You... You two have magic?" Elsa asked.

"Yeah," Emma and Rose Red said.

"Anna helps. She... Helps me control it. So if I can find her, she can help me undo this. We can get rid of all this... The whole wall... When she's here," Elsa said.

"Well, I'm afraid she's not," Emma said.

"Maybe you two could use yours to get us out of here," Elsa said.

"I've been trying... Even just trying to warm myself up. I can't really feel my hands or my feet. Okay," Emma held her hands up but they were shaking and nothing happened then Emma hugged herself to keep herself warm, "See? I...I don't have control o...over mine, either. Oh God, I'm just tired," Emma said.

Rose Red looked at her hands to see her fingertips freezing over slowly, "Well, this is new," Rose Red said and Emma started to get down on the floor.

"Oh no," Rose Red and Elsa said as they rushed over to her.

"If I could just... Lay down for a minute," Emma said.

"No, no, no, no, no," Rose Red said and her fingertips flickered red briefly trying to use her magic but nothing was working.

"Emma. Emma. Talk to us. Tell me more, uh," She helped her to sit up, "Were you with magic or cursed?" Elsa asked.

"Those are my two options? Um, I don't know I...I was raised in a place without magic, and, um... I didn't know I had these powers until recently and I didn't have any parents around to help me with them," Emma said.

"Parents don't always help. I ended up Queen of a large land, unprepared," Elsa said.

"I hear you with Queen... My papa gave me a fresh start after I couldn't cope... I had a complete reset, grew up as a princess, the heir to the throne of the Enchanted Forest... The Light Queen... But I recently... Remembered my old life as the Darkest Dark One... And now... I was to protect these people more, but I don't know if I have the right or if I can anymore," Rose Red said.