Chapter 5

At the Mayor's Office, Marian was lying on the couch, freezing to death as Giselle and Regina tried to stop the curse with Robin watching them.

"The curse is working its way towards her heart. Once it touches... That's it," Giselle said.

"Is there nothing none of you can do?" Robin asked.

Regina and Giselle looked at each other before looking at Robin, "There might be something. But only if you trust us completely," Regina said.

"I do," Robin said.

"Then I'll send Henry, Grace and Blaze to my vault to get what I need," Regina said.

"Of course. What are you going to do?" Robin asked.

"Something drastic," Regina said.

Elsewhere, in the pawnshop, Mr Gold was working on a trinket on the counter when the door opened, Jefferson, Captain Hook and Elsa walked in.

Elsa looked around the shop curiously as Mr Gold continued tinkering, "I must apologise, but I'm really rather busy today," Mr Gold said.

Captain Hook and Jefferson walked up to the counter, "And here we were hoping for a warm hello from the newly-reformed Mr Gold," Captain Hook said in a cold tone.

"This is still a place of business. So unless you have something to offer me, I'm afraid I can be of no further help," Mr Gold said.

"Well, as it turns out, we do have something to offer you," Mr Gold looked at Jefferson, "Our silence. See, we know and so does Rose that the dagger you gave Belle is a fake," Jefferson said.

"Is that right?" Mr Gold asked.

"Mm. I've hunted you a long time, my old crocodile, and I know you better than most. And I know that you would never let anyone have power over you. Not even Belle," Captain Hook said.

"And you expect her to believe you without a shred of proof?" Mr Gold said.

"Well, we could ask her to summon you with the dagger. And then when it doesn't work... Proof," Jefferson said.

"That's a very dangerous insinuation, Portal Jumper," Mr Gold said.

"So we have a deal?" Captain Hook asked.

"I do hope Miss Swan's worth it," Mr Gold said.

"It's not just Swan, I'm doing this for," Captain Hook smiled and turned to Elsa, "Good news!" She looked at him, "He's agreed to help," Captain Hook said.

Elsa walked up to Mr Gold and held out her hand, a strand of hair was on her palm, "This hair is from Marian. Someone cast a freezing curse on her. We need to know who it is," Elsa said.

Mr Gold took the hair and placed it on his open palm, "Well... You're in luck. Magic can change forms but never be destroyed. We'll simply return it to its natural state," Mr Gold said and waved his hand over the hair changing the hair back into its original state.