Chapter 10

Flashback

Three young girls were playing and laughing in a garden, they were running after a kite.

"Ingrid, hurry! It drifted over here!" Helga said.

The kite landed up in a tree and got torn up a little because of the branches and Ingrid pulled it out of the tree, "It's ruined," Ingrid said.

"No, it's not," Gerda took the ribbon from the kite and placed it against her hair, "The ribbon is still beautiful. It would look lovely in my hair," Gerda said.

"No, Gerda. It would look lovely in my hair," Helga said as she took the ribbon.

"It was my idea!" Gerda said.

"I saw the kite first," Helga said.

"I should have. I'm the oldest, after all," Ingrid said as she took the ribbon.

"So?" Gerda said.

"So, one day I shall be Queen. And this is befitting a Queen," Ingrid said.

"Ingrid! Gerda! Helga!" The three sisters turned to see their youngest sister Katerina running over to them, she panted as she reached them, she struggled to breathed and her three sisters looked at her worried before she smiled, "I found you," Katerina said.

"You shouldn't be out of bed," Ingrid said.

"But it's no fun there and... I was lonely, plus the doctor said I have to exercise and be outside more," Katerina said.

"Katerina..." Helga said.

A man walked out from behind a tree, "I see you've found my kite," The man said.