Chapter 8

Flashback

King Leopold and Princess Rose Red were stood on a balcony were watching Grace running away from Jefferson in the courtyard laughing.

"She's amazing Rose," King Leopold said.

"Thank you, father. She's very energetic," Princess Rose Red said.

"She takes after you, you were the same as a child," King Leopold said.

Queen Regina walked up to them, "Rose, Leopold," They looked at her, "They're ready for you both in the council room. Jefferson has been called, don't worry I will watch Gracie," Queen Regina said.

"Thank you, stepmother," Princess Rose Red said and kissed her cheek before walking away with King Leopold.

Queen Regina walked onto the balcony and looked to see Jefferson heading inside, she looked towards the garden where Grace and Jefferson just were but the young girl was missing. Her eyes widened and she rushed out of the room.

Elsewhere, Grace had wandered out of the castle grounds into the forest, she looked around in curiosity at the different environment around her.

Grace turned around to head home but she stopped when she noticed the castle wasn't there. Her eyes widened, "Mama..." Grace ran forward before turning around looking for the castle in fright, "Mama! Papa!" Grace yelled as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Hello?" Grace turned to see Blaze walking towards her in a small red cloak, "Are you lost?" Blaze asked.

"Y...Yes," Grace stuttered as she nodded.

Blaze smiled softly as she walked up to her, "My name is Blaze, what's yours?" Blaze asked.

"G...Grace," Grace said.

"Well, Grace... Let's get you home. Bandits can smell royals from miles away," Blaze said and she took hold of her hand and they walked together.

End of Flashback

Meanwhile, at the Sheriff's Department, Rose Red, Emma and Elsa continued their research on Ingrid.

"Somewhere in here, there's got to be something on her," Emma said.

"There has to be a better strategy. While we're reading files, my sister is out there somewhere. We have to confront this Snow Queen," Elsa said.

"Believe me, if I could, we would. We have to find her first. And, Elsa, we have to be careful. This woman is tricky. She seems to know all of us, and we don't remember anything about her. And something tells me that, that is no accident," Rose Red said.

"You think she took our memories?" Elsa asked.

"I'm really good with names and faces. It was my job. She took them, alright. The question is why. We need to find out what the hell she's up to," Emma said.

Captain Hook, Giselle and Jefferson walked in with a box each, "Paperwork, ahoy!" Captain Hook said as they placed them on the desk.