Chapter 6

Flashback

The Apprentice was in the process of sweeping the floor when suddenly the fire on the torches went out. The Apprentice stopped what he is doing and looks up, dropped the broom on the floor and drew his sword.

"Show yourself, Dark One," The Apprentice said as he turned to the entrance.

The Dark One was walking into the vault, "You... Are not... the sorcerer," He said.

"No. I am his apprentice" He said the Dark One holding his dagger, "And you are not the first Dark One I have faced," The Apprentice said as he moved to strike the Dark One, but he disappeared and he once again went to strike.

The Dark One used his magic to throw the Apprentice back, before stepping up onto the podium and focused on a small box.

"You don't want to know what you'll unleash if you open that box," The Apprentice said.

The Dark One removed his hood and turns to face the Apprentice, it was Zoso, "Then the sorcerer should not have put his faith in someone like you," Zoso said and he turned back to the box and attempted to open it with his magic, but he was suddenly thrown back by an invisible force, and he landed a few metres away.

The Apprentice stood up again and looked down at Zoso, "Fortunately, Zoso... I am not the only thing he puts his faith in," The Apprentice said.

"An enchantment!" Zoso said angrily.

"Cast by the sorcerer himself. And no one who has succumbed to the darkness in their heart can ever break it. Now be gone," The Apprentice said as he sheathed his sword again.

Zoso knew he was defeated and he magicked himself out of the vault.

The Apprentice turned back to the box, "Every dark one has tried, but no dark one will ever possess what is in that box," The Apprentice said.

End of Flashback

Jefferson walked into the diner and walked away to the counter, "Hey, Blaze," She smiled at him, "A coffee and a cola please," Jefferson said.

"Sure thing... Jefferson, are you okay? You look tired," Blaze said.

Jefferson chuckled softly, "I'm fine, thank you. How was the sleepover?" Jefferson asked.

"It was really good! Thanks," Blaze said with a smile.

"Your welcome," Jefferson said and walked over to Giselle and Captain Hook.

Captain Hook looked at him, "You look like you had a hell of a night, mate," Captain Hook said with a smirk.

"Uh, yeah," Jefferson said.

"Can your little lady walk is the question," Captain Hook said and Giselle slapped his stomach.

"Not only can I walk, but I can also still whoop your ass, Captain," They saw Rose Red behind them, "Oh, Giselle!" Rose Red said.

"What? What have I done? Did I forget to get milk?" Giselle asked.

"Yes but no that's not what I need to tell you. Will is here," Rose Red said.