Chapter 16

In the tunnels, Elsa was looking for Anna when Rose Red and Emma approached her, "Elsa!" The women said in unison.

"I'm sorry! I have to try this!" Elsa said as she used her powers to break through the wall and they walked through the hole onto a beach.

"The beach? That map couldn't have been any more wrong," Emma said.

"Never knew it led here..." Rose Red said.

"I don't understand. She should be here," Elsa said as she looked around as the necklace continued to glow.

"Elsa, I'm sorry. Magic isn't always perfect," Emma said.

"So even though it's still glowing... Because she's not here, it means..." Elsa said.

"The search is over. 30 years is a long time," Emma said.

"You think something's happened to her and this has all been a mistake?" Elsa asked.

"We think we need to deal with the problem in front of us right now. I'm sorry, Elsa," Rose Red said as they walked on the beach.

Elsa looked at them, "I'm sorry, Rose, Emma, but I still have faith. I still believe she's..." Elsa said as she looked down at the necklace sadly.

"What?" Rose Red asked.

"It stopped glowing," Elsa told her.

"We're sorry," Emma and Rose Red said.

"She's really gone," Elsa said.

Rose Red walked to her and hugged her, "She will never be really gone, Elsa. That will never happen," Rose Red said and pulled away.

Elsa looked at Anna's necklace sadly as Rose Red and Emma stood beside her, "This was my present for Anna for her wedding. It was among my mother's things, but to us, it was new. And I turn it into the last gift I ever gave her," Elsa said sadly.

"Elsa, I'm so sorry, but it's almost sundown. That cloud is gonna hit any time. We have to go," Emma said.

"Everyone's gonna turn on each other, and something tells me that being immune to the curse is not gonna stop them from attacking us," Rose Red said.

"I failed. I deserved to be attacked. This... This is all I have left of Anna. Now I'll never know what happened to her," Elsa said as she started to sob.

Rose Red rubbed her back, "Now that is something you do not deserve. Come on, it's not going to be safe soon," Rose Red said.

Elsa held the necklace in her hands as she brought the necklace up to her face, "Anna, wherever you are, whatever happened to you all those years ago, I'm so sorry I didn't find you. I still have faith. I know you're out there somewhere. I won't give up hope. I just wish... I wish you were with me now," Elsa said.

"Elsa, come on," Emma said.

Anna's necklace glowed and shot out a ripple of magic, "Something's happening," Rose Red said.

"Do you think it's my aunt's spell?" Elsa asked.

"I don't know," Rose Red said as the three women were looking at the necklace in confusion when a portal opened in the sea and they looked at it.

"What is that?" Elsa asked.

Suddenly, the three women got blasted back onto the sand and a trunk appeared out of the portal, the lid popped open as Anna and Kristoff got out.

"Ugh..." Rose Red said.

"Aunt Rose?!" Emma said.

"I'm good, you?" Rose Red asked as she sat up slowly.