𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐊𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐢𝐧 || 𝐓𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐄𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 ~ 𝐓𝐨𝐦 𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐥

Warning: Feels, Fluff

Words: 1.9k

-------------------------------------

It was like this from the very beginning of becoming a scout, becoming a comrade to many since the wall broke. Since then we have been fighting for four years, and then later fighting humans in the mix. It was the cause of humans to exist, to cause this ongoing battle since Ymir's reign. Yet, I tried to think of a way to fight for freedom, and I suddenly fell for someone I knew I would never be loved by. War and fighting was all we knew, conflict, justice, sacrifice. Everything was wearing ourselves down, all because of power.

Growing up with a family until their deaths faced the bloodied titans was all it could take to make me go silent, quietly murdering my family while I stood there not doing a single damn thing because I was a child.

Soon I was taken in and survived since and became a soldier in advance for freedom, and a chance to find my happiness in life. The pain I felt in my chest was still weighing me down, but all i could do was fake my feelings and smiled throughout my life. I have made many friends like Eren, Sasha, Connie, Mikasa, Ymir, Armin, Marco, Bertholdt, Reiner, Annie and Jean. We survived through everything, until the betrayal of Bertholdt, Reiner and Annie. 

Over the years this someone I still loved to this very day after discovering Marley, is none other than Jean Kirschtein. I loved to the point where it hurts, when I see the way he looked at Mikasa. Full of love and commitment. To this day I thought his still loved her, and so I went about my day training and focusing on my training than my friends. I still felt hopeless, not being able to be good enough for Jean. I even admired how he was so committed to her, and she has grown into a stronger woman.

"Oi (Y/N), wake up!" I heard someone shake me, as I woke up finding myself almost passed out at dinner. I turn to Connie, as I chuckle softly.

"Sorry Connie, I guess I didn't get much sleep," i apologise.

"Come on, seriously? I mean you need to rest more (Y/N), what do you even do at night?" he questions, a little harshly.

"Um nothing, I just can't fall asleep," i lie.

"Tch, can't sleep my ass," he remarks, while biting into his breakfast. I look around noticing Jean's disappearance, as I arch an eyebrow.

"Where's Jean?"

"Oh him? You didn't know?" he questions, pausing his fork midway.

"Know what?"

"Dammit, Jean was rejected yesterday," He replies, as my eyes widen.

"Wasn't he rejected a while ago?" I question, when he nods.

"But this time it's for real, it seems Mikasa doesn't show any sudden interest in him at all which I kinda feel sorry for the guy," Connie admits, shovelling his breakfast in his mouth chewing quickly. 

"Yeah it was sad to be honest," Sasha admitted, causing me to jump in fright with her sudden appearance. 

"Sasha!"

"Morning!" She smiles brightly, as i place a hand over my shoulder.

"Dammit, don't do that," i hiss lightly, before I slowly ate my breakfast. My mind starts to slowly space out, saddening that he still loved her. He cared about me as well, but not the way as he loved Mikasa. I slam my fist subconsciously, causing the plates to shake in response.

"Whoa, what's wrong?!" Connie exclaims, as I snap back to reality.

"Oh s-sorry, you know what.....i'm gonna head back to my room," I say softly, shoving the rest of my food to Sasha heading to my room.