Chapter 1 - exhausted

*Hey y'all! I'm officially a college sophomore and I know it's been a while since I've wrote a new story. I honestly was not going to write another book and then one day I decided that I wanted to give a new book a shot and see if I liked it. So, welcome to my new book! I hope you love it! I'm also not adding pictures of what the characters look like because it ruined one of my favorite books a while ago when an author posted a picture halfway through the story and it was not what I envisioned for the character at all! It ruined the book! So I'm not going to do that to you guys! I wrote this book in a WEEK. So it's unedited and just something for me to show you guys that I'm thankful for all the love on my books. Cheers to my sophomore year starting tomorrow! And to hopefully passing my classes this year! They're all medical related so I do not have time to write and I hope you guys get that which is why I'm giving y'all this now. I hope you love my book!!!*

(Yes this is her full name! I'll refer to her as Rylee Jane, RJ, or Ry after this!)

Rylee Jane Parker's POV

I'm about to lose my cool. If one more person hits a damn call light and I have to run my ass to their hospital room I will flip out. I'm on the night shift for a reason, I hate having to run my butt off. Unlucky for me, I just graduated nursing school with my bachelors degree, which means I'm fresh bait for the older staff to run off. It's not that I mind doing my job, it's just that I'm working my butt off while other girls sit at the nursing station playing on their phones.

I'm beat. I'm exhausted. I've been working for twelve hours straight. Three days straight and I'm so tired of this. Nursing was supposed to be fun, but I'm already exhausted and I've only been out of school for four months and working for two of those four.

Thank goodness I get off in fifteen minutes.

Making my way from behind the nurses station I follow the alarming sound to room 212 of the emergency room. Mr. Galloway, he's so sweet for an elderly man, but he hits his alarm every time something needs to be done. As simple as his sheet not feeling right sets him off.

I tap on his door before opening it and coming into his room. I immediately smell his intoxicating men's cologne before even seeing him. He loves his aftershave and his men's fragrance, something he has smelt like all night since he refused to take a bed bath.

I start, "Mr. Galloway, this is Rylee Jane you pressed your call light, what can I do for you?" I ask him as I step into his sight and see him. He's bandaged up on his ribs, poor man was attacked on the street and brought in after his watch and wallet was stolen. His head was profusely bleeding and clotting off with the shearing skin hanging off. I feel bad for him, but when I saw his wife come into the emergency room wearing Gucci and Prada I didn't feel as bad for them. His money isn't in his wallet or from his watch, he told me himself he didn't have anything in his wallet. He's rich, the kind of rich who has a private room and demands attention. But he's kind to me so him bothering me isn't the worse thing that could happen.

"Rylee my back." He tells me as I pull down his sheet and ask him to roll onto his side. "It feels wet again." He tells me as I sigh. His bandages are full of blood, and I'll be changing them again for the third time in two hours.

"Mr. Galloway it's not normal for you to be bleeding this much. You didn't get your blood thinner correct? The nurses were informed not to give you a full dose." I tell him as he nods and I grab his chart checking.

"No, I just bleed a lot these days." He tells me as I nod. I grab the packages and set up a sterile field on a tray beside his bed as I start unpacking his wound with my blue gloves on.