Chapter 15 - i need you

Jaxton's POV

Not talking to Rylee when she's all I can think about is so damn hard. I'm supposed to be waiting on Poppy to get off work and come over. She's an amazing girl, and she's working tonight but I don't want her to come home with me. She's been up my ass all day and I don't take that shit well at all. I didn't even want more than fucking and now that we're officially boyfriend and girlfriend it's like she's going crazy being near me. I don't like it.

It's eight now and she doesn't get off until eleven. I'm laying across the couch with bee beside me watching football on tv laying in my boxers. What makes it awesome is that I'm eating beef jerky for dinner. I'm doing what I want and I don't give a shit about anything right now.

That's until my damn phone rings and I see it's Poppy. Fucking hell. "Yes." I spit into the phone as she starts, "It won't be until one tonight when I'm off. The bartenders got the stomach bug and I'm covering for her so I'll probably just go back to my apartment so I won't wake you up that early and mess up your training." She tells me as I grin. Fuck yes, I can shit in the middle of the night like I want too.

"Are you sure?" I ask making her laugh. "Yeah I am. I'll see you later, I'll call tomorrow. Bye Jax." She tells me as I tell her back, "Bye Poppy".

"Looks like it's just you and me again Bee." I tell him rubbing his head as he snuggles into the side of the couch calm as he can be. I'm rubbing his back when my phone goes off again.

"Yes?" I ask again knowing it's Poppy without even looking at the caller ID. "Jax is that you?" I hear when my whole mood shifts. I know that voice.

"Ry what's going on?" I ask immediately slipping into my master and putting clothes on before shoes as she's quiet.

"I need you and I know I was supposed to cut you off but I can't." She tells me as I hear her crying on the other line. That fucktard has done something again, I fucking know it.

"Where are you?" I ask her while grabbing my keys. I feed Bee for tonight before locking the house.

"I'm at my apartment." She tells me as I get into the car and back out of the garage. I speed out of the gate that is getting fixed tomorrow come to think of it, and I speed towards her apartment.

"Rylee what number are you in?" I ask her as I hear her sniffles. "Three eleven." She whispers to me as I nod. I don't let her get off the phone with me for five minutes until I'm pulling into her apartment and buzz for her to let me up.

"I'm here. Let me up." I tell her as she lets me in and I take the elevator to her floor. I get off on the third floor and find her apartment door and I don't have time to knock before she's opening it and launching at me. She wraps her legs around my waist and arms around my neck as she sobs. I don't even get to see her face as she clutches me around her and I walk into the apartment.

I hold her in my arms and sit down on the couch as she wets my neck with her warm tears. All I can do is rub her back in one hand and head in the other as she cries harder and harder. When I think she's done fifteen minutes later I pull her head out of my neck and try to look at her face but she won't let me.

"What happened?" I ask trying to see her face as she turns her head away from me.

"He's been cheating on me. You were right." She whisper softly covering her eyes from me. "He wouldn't marry me because he's been sleeping around for five months. I broke up with him, we're done." She tells me as she continues covering her face.

She moves off my legs and sits next to me as she lays her head on my shoulder and I wrap her in my arms holding her. "I'm sorry Ry." I tell her rubbing her hair as she hugs my chest and neck.