Chapter 16 - stay

Rylee's POV

I feel Jax standing outside the door. It's not locked because I don't care if he comes in. I'm covered, and he won't see anything at all. He probably had to check on Poppy, which I understand.

"Jax you can come in." I whisper opening my eyes as he steps into the light. He reaches to cut it on when I stop him, "Don't, please. Just sit with me. Stay." I whisper tapping the rug next to the bathtub as he walks in with his boot and sits down next to me. He lays his head back on the small amount of drywall on the side of the wall as we both face the same way.

"Thank you." I tell him as I look at his face through the candlelight.

"For what?" He asks me as I wipe my puffy eye since my arm hasn't touched the water yet. I'm so sleepy, and I'm going to pass out in about an hour if I don't have coffee, after how today's been I need it.

"Being here when I needed you. I know I haven't been the best to you and I'm so sorry." I whisper reaching for his hand as I rub it in mine. This is going to be so hard for me, for four years I was with the same person, and now I'm going to have to learn how to be alone again.

"You're alright Ry." He tells me as I lean back and then pull my hand away as I slip it into the water with my other one to softly rub my swollen calf's from working earlier in the day.

"How's Poppy?" I ask him randomly. He stares at me funnily as I ask again, "You just went to check on her right?" I ask.

"Oh yeah. She's fine." He tells me as I nod and rest my head back. I'm glad he's happy right now and I hate knowing I could have had something with him if I would have realized how much of a sick man Jacob was earlier. If I would have picked Jax I know without a doubt that he wouldn't hurt me. He's more handsome than any man I've ever been with but he's also the most trustworthy man I've ever been around. I know Jax would keep anything a secret for me and he'd do anything for me if I asked.

"The flowers are beautiful." I tell him as he looks over at me. "Yeah? I did okay?" He asks as I nod.

"I hid them when he was here but now that I'm single and I don't give a fuck who sees them I'm putting them on the kitchen table in the beautiful box and everything." I tell him as he nods.

"Good." He tells me as I smile over at him. "I think I'm ready to get out and go to bed." I whisper yawning as he nods and stands up. He walks out the bathroom and locks the door as I stand up and let the water out and blow the candle out as well. I wrap a towel around me before slipping on one of my tees and a pair of underwear with a overnight pad in them. Then I slip on pajama shorts and wash my face before cleaning up the wounds. I brush my teeth next and bandage up my eyebrow before walking out. I don't see Jax so I follow his scent in the air until I find him putting up food in the kitchen and cleaning the dishes.

"Jax no, please stop. You don't have to help." I tell him pushing him away from the sink.

"Go to bed okay? You've got small bags under your eyes and your face tells me you're exhausted." He tells me as I shake my head no. He walks past me to my freezer and grabs a bag of peas before lifting me in one of his arms and throwing me over his shoulder. He takes me into the bedroom and I point to my side of the bed as he lays me down and pulls the covers around me like a child. He takes the peas and sets them on my head as I laugh.

"You need the carrots in there on your foot." I tell him as he sighs and moves my hair off my neck.

"Go to bed." He tells me kissing my cheek as I smile and hold his hand. "Will you stay?" I ask rubbing it softly. "Just in case he comes back. I don't want to be alone." I tell him as he nods.

Loving Jaxton ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें