Chapter 22 - fighting

*Rylee's outfit for the bottom portion of the chapter but with her famous white Alexander McQueens!*

Jaxton's POV

I sit down on the couch with my gramps right beside me. I had a feeling he'd be back and I knew what this was going to be about. He's my sponsor, he knows I fight in the gym, and now he's going to want to know what's going on.

"Jax, we came to discuss some things." He tells me with Carter and the man himself who owns the underground ring. Gramps doesn't know about him though, he can't know about him.

"Like what? My next fights in a little over two weeks." I tell him as I pray Rylee stays quiet so nobody knows she's here. She's been in the room for about thirty minutes already. When I first started talking to them it wasn't about fighting and now it is.

"It's moved up." Jimmy, the owner tells me as I stare in shock. "Come again?" I ask him as he nods.

"If you don't fight tomorrow you're out. People want you back in the ring and without losing out you're rank is slipping. You will fight tomorrow." Carter tells me as I shake my head no.

I point to my foot, "With a bullet wound in my foot? Are you fucking kidding me right now?" I ask as they shake their heads no.

"Jax the profits more than what we anticipated and if you don't fight Holt tomorrow you're getting thrown out." Carter tells me as I shake my head in disbelief.

"And you expect me to win?" I ask him bitterly. "Jax I know you can. Pop a whole bottle of Advil before the fight and get the shit done. Win it and you can pick your schedule. Stop if you want, but you have to fight tomorrow." He tells me as I sigh.

"It's my body. I have to make the choice and I'm undefeated. I won't go into a fight I can't win." I tell him standing up as Jimmy steps in.

"You can or I'll drop your contract. Take your winnings, and make your life a living hell." He tells me as I look over at my step grandfather.

"Oh and you're supporting this shit. You do realize the last time I fought you got mugged by the fucker." I tell him as he nods.

"Now prove you're the best Jax. You win it and you're done. You don't have to fight again." He tells me as I stand in silence. I don't want to fight, I don't believe that I'll win because I'm not ready.

I guess I don't have a fucking choice. "And if I lose what happens?" I ask Jimmy.

"You lose it all." He tells me as he points to my house. He can't take my shit and he knows it, he'll take all my winnings though because I know him. That's how he makes his money and he's fucked up. I joined the ring when I was messed up and I like fighting, but for him, it's all about profit.

"Get out of my house." I spit to them all as I sigh.

"See you tomorrow at six Jax. Don't be late." Jimmy tells me walking out with my gramps as Carter stops me.