Chapter 7 - home

Rylee's POV

"Hi mom" I whisper into the phone as I sit down in my car. I packed my bag up ten minutes ago and after breaking down on the elevator I made it to my car and called my mom. She's always been the most supportive person and she's able to help me with everything.

"Hey sweetheart what's going on?" She immediately asks as my phone Bluetooth connects and I hear her on my car system. I pull out of the parking lot and take the navigation towards Florida as I wipe my tears. I don't have to work for a few days and I need to clear my head and think.

"I don't know if Jacob and I are broke up or not and I need to think alone. Do you care if I come and stay for two days?" I ask.

"Of course not! I miss you so much! I'll clean your bedroom sheets and have everything ready for you. Do you want lobster and shrimp for dinner?" She asks as I smile. We live so close to the coast it's easy to go out and get dinner and she loves to do it with my dad.

"Yeah mom. I'll be there after lunch." I tell her. "I love you Rylee Jane, be safe honey. We'll talk when you get here." She tells me as I wipe my tears and smile. That's why I love her so much, she just knows what to say.

"I love you too mom." I mutter out. "Stop crying RJ, everything happens for a reason baby. I love you." She tells me before she hangs up. I look down and see my practically empty tank of gas so I pull into the gas station and quickly fill up my tank before getting back onto the road. The only money I had was from Jax and I just wish I would have stayed with him all day so I didn't just have one of the hardest conversations ever.

While I'm thinking of him, his name pops up on my contacts list and I hit it. It starts ringing as I wipe my tears. "Hey Ry, how'd it go?" He asks immediately.

"Umm not too good but it'll be okay. I just wanted to thank you for the money. I'm going to see my parents for a few days and I really appreciate everything." I tell him.

"Rylee, what's wrong?" He asks me as I watch the road and make my way onto the interstate. I hear my own voice crack when I start, "Jax I'm not enough and it hurts." I admit as I wipe my tears.

"Ry he's a piece of shit and anyone can see that. He was jealous of me because he thought something happened and now he's got you back in his pocket and he's going to continue treating you like shit and not give you what you deserve." He tells me as I nod. I know he's right, and he's honest about it all.

"But I love him. We've been together for four years and I love him." I tell Jax honestly as he sighs.

"And it's going to hurt like hell. It's going to hurt but what's more important to you, feeling like your walking on eggshells to make him happy or doing what you want and finding someone worth your time and effort?" He questions.

"I'm scared that if I don't have him I'll never have anybody. He's the only guy I've ever dated and it's all I've ever known." I tell him.

"Ry I had a girlfriend a few years back and I loved her, I did. But one day the fights started and they never ended. We had to call it quits because we could not get along for more than ten minutes. Maybe it's time to ask yourself if it's worth it." He tells me as I sigh.

"Jax I think I love you as my best friend." I tell him laughing as I hear him laugh as well. "I'm pretty amazing aren't I?" He asks as I agree, "yes, amazing!"

"Ry it'll be okay. I promise you will find someone else if you chose that path. You're beautiful, smart, kind, and you're a full package. Someone is going to want you and treat you like everything you are." He tells me as I smile.

"Thank you Jax. I don't have many people but I'm glad I met you." I tell him back, I can see his smile now.

"Me too. I've got to go, Carter's coming over so we can figure out where to go from here with my foot. I've got to train though or I'm going to lose my mind." He tells me as I smile.