Chapter 9 - our business

Rylee's POV

When Jacob sees Jax walk in his whole demeanor changes. I know why, he's always been the jealous type and he has no reason to be right now.

"Ry?" Jax asks as I stand up. "Hey Jax, Jacob and I were just about to leave Mr. Galloway for a few hours. I'll be back on my lunch break." I tell Jax and Mr. Galloway as he nods.

"Nice to see you Jax." I whisper walking over to him and hugging him as I smell his amazing scent. I don't know why but I've always had a thing about the way people smell, and Jax is my favorite scent of them all. I pull away when his hands land on my hips and he rubs my back.

Then I walk towards Jacob and pull him with me out of the room. Before he can protest I throw him into the conference room on this floor.

"Jac-" I go to start as he rolls his eyes at me.

"Jac please it's not like that." I tell him as he holds his hands in his coat pockets. "Please tell me what it's like then." He demands as I nod and walk over to him. I grab his hips in my hands before he can push me away as I look into his eyes.

"Jacob I told Mr. Galloway that when I was upset and it was days ago. Before we got to this place I was really upset Jac. He asked why I didn't have a ring on my finger and I couldn't give him an answer other than what I said. I'm sorry. And no, before you ask I had no idea that he was related to Jax at all and I wasn't informed about it. Jax doesn't really have family so I didn't think that Mr. Galloway was his family considering Jax's last name is Rutledge." I tell Jacob as I rub his sides and he stays calm.

"I'm not mad because it was before last night but don't tell people that anymore." He tells me as I nod. "He was the only one I promise, I wouldn't do that to you." I tell him as he pulls me to him. I lean into his chest as he kisses my forehead and rubs my back.

"I know we're supposed to be in such a good place. Please don't let this ruin it." I whisper and clutch to his white jacket.

"RJ why would you even talk about that though? It's our business not his. Don't you see that?" He asks as I stand in front of him.

"I felt like I could tell him and it's my fault. Jacob I'm sorry, but you don't know how I felt. I defended you, and when he asked why I just told him we weren't ready yet. I know it's our business." I tell him as I reach up and rub his cheek. That's before my pager goes off and I reach down and see one of my patients needs me.

"I don't want to fight Jac." I tell him as he kisses my forehead. "Me either, go. We'll talk later. I love you." He tells me as I nod and lean forward as I kiss his lips softly.

"Bye, I love you." I tell him as I rub his chest and pull away. I walk out of the conference room and to the elevator before starting it and riding down to the ER.  I get down and realize that one of my patients had a incident with soiling themselves as the nursing assistants clean him up. I'm doing my rounds and back to my schedule for two more hours before I can finally take a seat at the nurses station and breath for a minute.

But when I do, Jax comes off the elevator looking as handsome as ever. The girls behind the desk immediately start gawking at him. "Holy shit I want that as a patient, look at his boot he needs help." One of the girls whispers as Chloe, one of the ladies here taps my leg next to me.

"On my god Rylee Jane talk about a beautiful man." She whispers making me smile as I grin at her. I ignore him coming in hot towards me and look at the computer screen reading heart rates and oxygen levels.

He did get a boot on his foot so he could walk and his manager Carter probably had something to do with it. I'm just glad he's getting around on his foot now.