Chapter 26 - unexpected

Rylee's POV

I wake up in the hospital. I know the smell all to well, and the feeling of the bedsheets. "Good morning honey." The elderly nurse greets me as I sigh and hold my head.

"I've got a killer headache." I tell her opening my eyes as she nods. "Well you lost a lot of blood. We've got you on fluids and I'll be right back with some pain medication for your leg and head. How's the nausea?" She asks as I nod.

"I'm okay. I just-, nurse to nurse, somethings not right with me." I tell her as I hold my stomach.

"Oh the baby is fine honey." She tells me as I stare at her in shock. "Come again?" I ask as she nods. "The baby, you're still so very early that I'm so surprised you didn't miscarriage but your baby is fine. It's smaller than a pea sweetheart so small it's undetectable through a ultrasound, just a blood test. But you're okay and your boyfriend has been waiting outside all morning. It's only two now." She tells me as I nod.

I don't have words for what she just told me. Nothing other than that I knew it. I knew it. I had a feeling I was and I swore I wasn't but here I am. Knocked up.

"Oh my goodness. My ex boyfriend is on my emergency contacts but he's not who I'm with anymore. Jaxton is my boyfriend. He's the one I need on my contacts. Will you login in and fix it?" I ask her as she nods and starts logging into fix it. I didn't even think about that. He's probably not allowed back here and is freaking out.

"Can you let Jax in?" I ask when she's done. "Yeah hon, he can stay but I don't recommend any activity." She tells me as I nod. I know what she's talking about and I won't be doing anything at all. I just want him to hold me and tell me it's all okay.

He doesn't even know he's a dad. I know the baby is his, I don't have to think twice about that but I'm scared to how he's going to react. She leaves and when the door opens Jax walks in next.

I smile seeing him as he smiles back. I immediately sit up as he opens his arms walking over to me and he hugs me into his arms. "Jax I love you so much." I whisper into his ear as he rubs my back in his palms.

"Rylee I promised I'd take care of you when you moved in and that's a lie. You're hurt and I'm so sorry." He tells me pulling away as I grab his face between my plans. I scoot over and push my sheets away as I make room for him to sit next to me.

"Please sit with me." I whisper looking at his eyes as he nods. I adjust the bed settings for both of our body weight and he sits down with me as I rest on his chest.

"What's wrong?" I ask as I look at his face and eye. "Oh my gosh you're fight. How did it go?" I ask as he nods.

"I Umm, I won. But that doesn't matter because I'm done. I'm never fighting again." He tells me as I smile and hug him.

"I just think it'd be for the best right now if you don't. Maybe when the times right you could go into professional fighting, something that isn't illegal." I tell him as he sighs.

"I really don't want to anymore. Not when I have you." He tells me rubbing my back. "Ry I love you. And possibly knowing you were dead tore me the fuck apart and I can't have that." He tells me as I nod.

"And I want this life with you. I want it all with you, marriage, babies, all of it." He tells me smiling as tears whelp in my eyes and I wipe them softly away. He doesn't even know that I'm pregnant, and when he does find out I don't know how he's going to take it.

"Jax." I whisper wiping my face as I grab his hand. I pull it to me and sit it on my stomach over the hospital gown as I look down at my partly casted and bandaged leg. "I don't know how it happened. We're safe, and I don't know how. But I promise you it's yours. I never finished with him, I know my cervix never relaxed the way I do with you. I also know that I had sex with you the day after my period ended, that morning it ended. You're the only guy that's ever made sex feel so good. Jax I'm pregnant." I whisper out as he nods.