Chapter 17 - you

Rylee's POV

I stare at Jax as he holds himself right in front of me. The temperature and tension in this room is unbearable and I can't take it anymore. Everything between us has been building to this moment and I know he's with Poppy but I had to tell him the truth. I wish I would have picked him instead, not because Jacob and I didn't work out, but because Jax makes me feel like I'm important, cared about and cherished.

"Don't play with me Ry." Jax spits out as I shake my head no. "I'm not. I don't regret the way things happened, I don't. And I don't regret my choice because he's gone. I regret it because I was lying to myself and lying to you when I said that I just wanted to be friends. I care about you and I'm sorry that I put you through so much Jax, I know you're with her and I'm so happy that you're happy, but I can't lie about it anymore. We both know that we're more than just friends. We have to cut each other off for our sake since you're with someone now I don't want to be the cause of a relationship ending. I was her, and it hurts and I can't do that." I tell him honestly.

"Fuck" he whispers to me rubbing my thighs under his palms.

"Rylee." He uses my full name as I nod. "Jax I care about you." I whisper as he grabs the back of my head and holds me into his chest.

I rub my hands over his neck as he rubs my back and I breathe in his scent as he holds me. "Please tell me I'm not crazy." I whisper.

"You're not crazy." He whispers as I nod and pull away. He pulls away and runs a hand through his hair before pulling his phone out of his pocket. He dials it as I sit looking at my hands calmly. I don't know what's going through his head right now at all.

"Poppy?" He asks as my heart cracks and a single tear falls out of my eye. "Poppy we need to meet somewhere." He tells her as I slowly stand up. I didn't just hear that, I didn't.

"We just need to talk." He tells her as I walk away from him. I just told him everything that I know I needed to, and it's done. It's over, he can have her.

I move out of the way as I go to my bedroom and change clothes. I slip on scrubs and my nursing sneakers as I grab my items and start getting ready to leave while he's on the phone. I start packing my lunch and take a cold coffee out of the refrigerator to take with me and I don't talk to Jax.

"Ry." He whispers trying to come back in as I turn. "Thanks for staying. I have to get to work. Lock the door when you leave". I tell him opening the door with my keys and grabbing the stuff for Jacob. He just stands there before I walk out and leaving him standing there.

___

Jaxton's POV

When I'm off the phone with Poppy I'm waiting at her doorstep. I didn't have ten seconds to fucking think before Rylee left this morning. Carter was right, she'd come around when the time as right. And fuck if the times not right. I didn't want to date Poppy at all, but I did it, I happened in a moment of weakness and it's got to end. I can't wait another minute without having Rylee.

"Jax hey" she answers her apartment door as I walk in. I haven't even brushed my teeth or done shit this morning from being at Rylee's. Not that it matters because I'm making this quick before going home to feed Bee and going to the gym.

"Hey." I tell her as I sit down on her couch and she sits next to me. "So what was so important that you needed to talk about?" She asks sitting down as she lands her hand on my thigh and I remove it.

"Poppy you're amazing." I start as she rubs my hand in hers.

"But what's wrong Jax?" She asks me seriously.