Chapter 18 - finally

Rylee's POV

The clock hits eight when my shift ends and I'm so happy. My feet hurt, my heart hurts, and I'm glad I have four days without this place to figure out what I'm going to do. I haven't got the courage to go to the ICU yet though, I still have Jacob's items and I don't know how I'm going to sneak up there with them so he doesn't notice.

I clock out and grab my bag when the next nurse comes on for her shift. The first thing I do is go to the bathroom and make sure my hair and makeup looks good. I don't want him to think that I've been upset or crying. I want him to think that I'm so much better without him.

I grab his bag and stuff it all into a biohazard bag so people don't think I'm crazy and take it to the elevator. My heart won't quit racing when I step off the elevator into ICU. I find his small office door where we've made out several times and I ignore the memories because I know he was making them with her as well. I open the door and throw his stuff on his desk before pulling the check out and sticking it on top of his desk.

"RJ?" I hear behind me as I freeze and turn. When I do I see Jacob and Beth together. But what stops me is his face. His face looks horrible, and then I remember what Jax told me.

"Oh my god." I whisper looking at his face completely messed up. His eye is busted, his nose is bandaged up and his face looks like he's been close to death.

"I had no idea that's what he went to do Jacob." I immediately tell him as Beth looks at the bag on Jacob's desk.

"It's the rest of your stuff. I put a check on there for five hundred dollars, that should cover everything you helped pay for. I don't want to see you again and I don't need anything from you." I tell him as they both stare at me.

"I'm leaving now." I start as I push past them walking out the door. "RJ?" He stops me as I turn back and look at them together.

"He told me to stay away from you or he'd kill me." He tells me as I sigh and stand quietly. I'm not surprised that Jax told him that and suddenly I like him that much more for having my back the way he does. I just hate how he was and how I don't know anything going through his mind right now.

"As he should." I spit out holding my purse.

"RJ I'm sorry." He tells me while Beth holds his arm.

"You're sorry? Does she know?" I ask him pointing to her as she holds his arm tighter and looks at his face. I know that she doesn't.

"He backhanded me if you can't tell but the spot I've covered with makeup. It's so sore it hurts, but know that when you sleep with him tonight. Just know that when he's pissed he's going to hit you." I tell her as her face pales.

"Have a nice life together." I tell him walking back to the elevator and closing the doors. When I finally reach the garage with my car, I get in and feel relief on my body and incredibly sore feet.

I feel tears in my eyes as I let them fall and laugh at myself for still having feels for Jacob. I just can't erase four years together and I can't erase the moment I knew we ended, the moment he hit me. And I laugh at myself for crying as I wipe my tears and think of Jax.

I know what I'm doing tonight. I don't care if he's with Poppy and I don't care if he doesn't want to see me. I have to see Jax. I have too.

I pull out of the garage and towards his house. It's eight, and he should be home considering he's not fighting right now. I don't know how it's affected him for when he goes back into fighting but I hate the idea of him getting hurt.

When I'm at his gate, it's fixed. So I have to hit the button and after a few seconds it opens and I'm let in. He knows I'm here when I pull to his house with the lights on and park in the driveway.