Chapter 24 - my girl

Jaxton's POV

I called the police time I got the chance. Now my house is flooded with police officers, FBI agents and firefighters. I've got myself together enough to clean up my face and pretend to walk normal.

"Where did you go Mr. Rutledge? And for how long?" They ask when I'm sitting down at the kitchen table with my head in my hands.

"I went to the gym to box. I do it at night when I have time since I know Carter. I left at six and came home around ten because I went to dinner afterwards and had a few drinks." I lie to them with Carter right next to me. He wasn't happy when he found out Rylee moved in, because he knew this shit would happen to me. I just don't know who'd be out to get me.

"Carter can vouch for that" he tells me as I nod. Luckily and I thank God for it, Carter went out with his wife and had drinks and two meals. So he pulls out a receipt with meals and drinks and they believe us.

"I just want my girl back." I whisper as tears whelp in my eyes as I bat them away. I love Rylee and this hurts, she could be dead right now and it's my fault. It's all my fault.

"What did Rylee do when you left?" They ask as I sit. I feel Carter throw his arm over my shoulder as he taps it and pulls away.

"I kissed her and told her to be good while I was gone. She messed with me a little bit like she always does before we leave each other and I drove out the garage while she was holding Bee." I tell them as they nod and write.

"How long has she been moved in?" They ask. "About a week. We've been friends for longer than that but she just recently broke up with her ex, and we started seeing each other, it's been close to two weeks we've been together now." I tell them.

"Her ex, his name is Jacob Thomas. He cheated on her and when she confronted him he backhanded her across the face. But he wouldn't do this." I tell them as I cross my arms. No matter how much I hate that fucker he knows that if he comes near her he's done. I could see it on his face that he didn't want to see me again and he wouldn't fuck with what's mine.

"Can you describe your relationship with Rylee?" They ask when my frustration grows. "Why does this fucking matter? Go find my girlfriend!" I yell slamming my fist on the table.

"These questions help us study your relationship so we know how to look for her. If we know how you acted we know if she went willingly or if she fought back. Then we can narrow out people you both know or strangers." The woman tells me.

"My relationship with Rylee is fucking amazing. We wake up and fuck, we eat breakfast and fuck, we lounge around all day and fuck, and we eat dinner and fuck some more. When she's not working I'm between her damn legs. Rylee isn't just my girlfriend she's the girl I'm going to damn marry and I love her. I love her. So tell me why it matters that we have sex a lot, because what I see is being close with the woman I love. After what Jacob put her though she was upset, and then when we got together it's like she came back. Her personality became more prominent and she's happy now." I spit out.

"So we can narrow out her wanting to leave." They tell me as I try to calm myself down and wipe tears that fall out of my eyes. I'm not okay is she's not okay.

"Where does she work?" They ask. "Memorial hospital in the emergency room. She's got her bachelors in nursing from UGA." I tell them as I sit.

"And how long has she worked there?" The agent asks. "A few months. She's still new." I add.

"Is there anyone who would want to hurt you? Take money from you?" They ask and Butcher comes to mind. He's the only one that's taken losing to me to an extreme.