1 | where it all started

avery (w)

"21, female. vehicle collision, possible TBI, multiple contusions and deep abrasions, chest trauma, prep for surgery stat."

My head was running in circles as the stretcher got pulled out of the ambulance. Every inch of my body felt so painful to the point I just wished for death to take me. Afterall, it's an inevitable truth that we all have to face.

But I'm not ready to go.. at least, not yet.

All I see is a blurry view of the hospital ceiling as I try to stay awake. Everything around me was slow and their voices were deafening.

"There's two of them. The other one didn't make it."

My sister.

Ava.

I need to see Ava.

But I... I can't move.

"Page Dr. Valentine!"

I could suddenly feel everything all at once. My heart was beating out of my chest in a speed I couldn't imagine, and I couldn't breathe anymore. It was like dipping my head inside a tub of water until i'm about to drown.

It's suffocating.

I wanted to die then and there.

Gasping for air, a girl came into view. She brushed my hair in the gentlest way possible, examining me. I couldn't see her clearly, but I was sure she was a doctor.

I can't do anything.

My stretcher was on the roll once again.

"Hey, you're not dying on me, you get it?" The girl said, pushing the bed towards a room full of white light.

"River, scrub in."

She gave me one last look before vanishing in my sight.

Please take away the pain...

It hurts so much already..

"I got you."