30 | 11:04 pm

Third person POV

"Baby.. I'm here, you're finally back.." River said as she gently held her lover's hand. She arrived at the hospital as fast as she could.

Avery looked back at her with tears in her eyes. She still couldn't speak because of her throat being all dry, but through her eyes, River knew what it's like. Her suffering. How painful it is.

River sat down beside her, kissing the back of her hand. Gianni and the rest left them alone. "I never meant to hurt you. I never wanted to leave.. But I'm here now.. I won't go anymore... Can you promise me the same?"

"I love you, Avery.."

The smaller girl gave her a small nod, tears still dripping down her cheeks. Avery wanted to tell her how much she loved her too but can't.

Even the stories she had in her head, how her lover appeared in every dream she had, are the things she'll never have the chance to say.

River will never know that even in Avery's dreams, even if she left in reality, there she stayed so long.

The vital monitor started to sound like the ones in the movies, and the beeping sound made River cry for help. Avery's vital signs were dropping.

"No... no!" She screamed out as the doctors came rushing in. River is held back by Gianni, and with one last glance, everyone heard the most painful noise possible.

A flatline.

Avery didn't make it.

And before River can even hold her close once again, she was gone.

This time, for good.

Never mind the darkness,
Never mind the storm,
Never mind the blood red moon
The night will be over soon'

'For every night goes quiet
And every moon grows blue
Beyond the dark, comes something new

The sun will be rising soon'

"Avery Frey. Time of death, 11:04 pm."