13 | her house

Avery (w)

"I love you like the moon loves the sun. You once told me that I am your moon... and now that I've thought about it, I agree."

I could feel her hand on my arm, holding me close. "You're my sun. My life has been always night time but then you came. You brought light to my dark sky."

"...and like the moon, I'd burn just to be with you. b-but I'm afraid that I'd lose you like how the sun fades away at night."

"Avery...Promise me you'll never leave..Please. Losing you would be my cause of death."

I couldn't breathe. She was suddenly fading away, turning into dust as she disappeared in thin air. No, no.. stay.. please. Don't go..

"RIVER!"

"Miss!"

I jolted up, tears streaming down my face. My breathing was heavy, but I immediately knew that this wasn't my room— not at all.

"W-who are you?!" I stood up from the bed, grabbed the lamp that was sitting on the bedside table, and scooted away from this lady wearing a maid uniform.

"Ma'am, please calm down. Miss Valentine asked me to take care of you so I—"

Valentine?

"River.."

"Yes. Miss River brought you here. You appeared to be unconscious when she brought you in. Turns out you were drunk."

Events from last night started to sink in. Holy shit. Gianni might be freaking out right now. I left her house without telling her and I don't have anything to contact her. She's going to kill me!

"Ma'am, you don't have to worry about the transportation. Miss Valentine arranged it already. Breakfast is downstairs, too. The food is waiting for you. In case you're having a hangover, there's medicine on the bedside table.. Please put the lamp down.."

Calming myself down, I did what she asked me to do. She let out a deep sigh of relief and the panic on her face slowly disappeared.

"W-where's.. river?" I asked.

"She went to work, Ma'am.. If you may, there's a warm bath prepared for you. Miss Valentine also got you new clothes you can wear."

"No.. I-I just need to go back to my place. I bet my friend's worried sick."

"Please, ma'am. Miss Valentine might scold me for letting you go with uncomfortable clothes."

Oh.

I sighed in defeat. "Okay.. I'll be downstairs a-after my bath.."

"Thank you! I'll be leaving now." She gave me a bow and left the room, making me feel a little more comfortable.

I can't believe I'm inside River's house. This room I'm in is huge already. What more outside these walls?

I got inside the bathroom and saw a paper bag with a small note on it.

'These are some of the clothes that I never wore. As for the underwear, these are completely brand new. I think we have the same size so I'm hoping these will make you comfortable. - R"

I gulped. Is this really happening?