22 | needles

Avery (w)

Due to her unexpected busy schedule, instead of heading out for lunch, we decided to eat at the doctor's lounge. "You know, I'm starting to think that you really do have a crush on me."

Choking on her iced lemon tea, she looked back at me. "E-excuse me, what did you say?"

"You heard me, Alvarez." I chuckled, taking in a spoonful of beefsteak.

"Am I too obvious?"

Oh come on, Olivia. At least deny it for a little bit?

"You are. You keep on glaring at me while you eat and you're just... really sweet these days."

"It really sucks to be me." She chuckled. "But alright, to be frank, maybe I do have a crush on you, Frey. Is that alright?"

I smiled. "Why wouldn't it be?"

"Paging Doctor Olivia Alvarez, Paging Doctor Olivia Alvarez, please head to the psych ward stat."

We both stopped our tracks when we heard the announcer. Callings like that means something is really urgent.

"We better go." We left the unfinished food on the doctor's lounge and immediately headed towards the psych ward to see what the fuzz is about.

Running past people, there was a girl getting pinned down outside her patient's room, crying her heart out. She smelled like alcohol from a distance. How on earth did she get in?

"What's happening?" Olivia asked the nurses.

"This lady is drunk, Dr. Alvarez. It's not the first time this happened."

I went closer to see the lady's face.

When I did, my heart sank at the sight in an instant. Questions entered my brain all at once, this scene feeling way too familiar for my liking. The ache was there once again, hitting my body like needles piercing my skin one by one.

Why..

Why is River here?