20 | after work

Avery (w)

Another hell week. That's what it is. Ever since I started working, I lost interest with almost everything. I barely go out with Gianni, I don't use my social media handles, I always have caffeine in my system and I never had enough sleep.

This is...great, isn't it? Drowning myself with work. It lessens feelings, it lessens pain, it lessens the mourning.

"You alright, Frey?" I snapped back to reality, realizing I'm actually still inside my office with Olivia. I took a sip if my coffee and shook my head. "Do I look too disassociated? Worn out?" I asked her. She sat on my table and smiled.

"You look like you need... three shots of blue kamikaze and one hot dancefloor filled with wasted people." She said and laughed.

"Silly. We have work tomorrow, Alvarez."

"Honey, we're off tomorrow. It's a Saturday." Oh.. right. I totally forgot that Saturday is my rest day.

"Sooo?" She got down on the table and spun my chair around, "Are you in? My treat." She gave me a wink and smirked. Should I give in? Do I deserve to get a little drunk?

"I.." That look on her face brought my walls down. I never told anyone about it, but I swear this girl's flirting with me.

I'm not complaining, though. I mean, she's a nice person.

She's being obvious most of the time.

"Pretty please?"

"Ugh, fine. Wait for me outside?" I said and stood up. She squealed like a little kid who received her favorite gift, jumping up and down. "Tone it down, Alvarez! Sheesh."

"You won't regret this night." She said and left my office. When it was all silence, her face popped up inside my head.

River.

I miss her.

Maybe a little more every day.

I shook away the thoughts and got myself ready. I wore a light make up, removed my coat, removed the clip on my hair, and loosened the collar of my shirt.

The second I got out of my office, in a short distance just by the psych ward, I could have sworn I heard her name. I stopped my tracks, my hand still on the doorknob.

Is she here?

"Ready to leave?"

Silly me. Of course she won't be here.

"Let's go."