28 | reality

River (k)

"River, please. Enough alcohol! Do you think this will ever help?! You getting fucking drunk while your girlfriend's still lying inside the fucking hospital?!"

"Leave me alone, Gianni."

"Dude, for fuck's sake have a little hope."

I scoffed. "Little hope.. That's exactly what I have right now."

She grabbed the bottle out from my hand and held my collar of my shirt. "Avery is my bestfriend. All I'm asking for from you is to believe she'll push through. You're her girlfriend, River. Get your shit together."

She let go, and as much as I wanted to drown myself in bottles of alcohol, she was right. I can't keep doing this. I can't keep on being negative.

Hope's fading away from my system but I have to fucking believe she'll wake up again.

"I'm scared, Gianni."

"We all are.." She looked at me. "But as long as her heart's still beating, as long as she's still breathing... all we can ever do is hold on. She won't die. She won't."

"This feels like a dream, Gi. Time flew so fast but it feels like this happened ages ago.. I was just with her the other night then the accident happened....A month feels like a fucking lifetime."

"This is reality, River. She may be in a state of oblivion, but this isn't a dream anymore.."

"Besides, it hurts so much. One reason to know
it's real."