24 | revelation

Avery (w)

"Oh good lord!" Ahjumma hurriedly helped me when she saw me carry River on one arm. She's half awake but she can't handle herself yet. We entered her house.

"Get Madam upstairs." She ordered the guy who drove me home last time. Her driver.

He carried her and took her inside her room, ahjumma shaking her head aggressively. "She's doing it again."

Doing what?

"You're her friend, right?" She asked me. What should I say? Yes? No?

Oh fuck it. I gave her a small nod. "Thank you for taking her home. She's starting to lose herself again."

Alright.. If I can't ask River, maybe ahjumma can answer the questions bugging me.

"What.. happened?"

The next words that fell from her mouth had my head spinning. I couldn't take everything in, and it's like the world is playing a fool on me.

"It started with her father who is an alcoholic. He was in his chronic severe state, and I believe that's where she got it from.."

"With her stable job as a doctor, I never thought I'd see her like this again. This isn't about her father anymore."

"Please don't tell Miss Valentine I told you, but I think the reason why she's like this again is because of her twin sister who's inside the mental hospital.. Oceane."

That name...

Everything made sense all of a sudden. The look on her face when she received a text message when I tried to thank her at the hospital, the day before this when I heard her name at the hallway, it wasn't just in my head.. it's all because of her sister—she visited her that day that lead to this.

Oceane is Alvarez's patient. I should've known!

"She stopped seeing her friends for a long time and seeing you here is a surprise. Please look after her."

"I-I will.."

This is a lot to take in.

What the fuck is going on?