27 | oblivion

"Olivia, I know this sounds crazy but.." I stopped, unsure if I should even ask.

"Hmm? What is it?"

"I want to talk to your patient. Oceane." She fell silent but with her lips apart, I knew she wanted to say something.

"I'm losing my mind, Olivia. Remember the story I told you the other night? It's real. It was me. And right now, it's exactly like this. I'm getting scared."

She gulped. "I can't send you in there alone."

"Then come with me. Please." She adjusted her specs and let out a deep sigh. "Alright.."

Walking towards her room door, this became so familiar to me.

"You ready to meet her?" She asked me. My heart was stomping so loud, but I knew I was ready. "I can't leave now, can I?"

"Hey.. are you sure about this?" Olivia held my hand, squeezing it gently. I gave her a nod, giving her my final decision. I'm here now aren't I?

I can't leave.

When I held on the doorknob, she immediately stopped me. "Knock first, Ave."

"Go check on her later. Don't forget to knock on her door before you enter. She'll freak out."

Rapid heartbeats. That's all I can feel. What's happening right now feels so familiar to my liking. A fucking deja vu. It makes me nervous.

I knocked three times before finally opening the door. The moment my eyes landed on her, I couldn't believe it.

Everything's the same.

I wanted to cry.

"Oceane, I hope we didn't disturb you. This is—" Olivia was cut off, and we both couldn't believe our ears with what we've heard.

"Avery Frey."

I was taken aback.

"H-how did you.." I was loss for words. I stood still, yet I could feel my whole world crumbling down beneath my feet.

"How are you sure you're not dreaming anymore, Dr. Avery?"

Oblivion [winrina au]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें