chapter 19 ~ texas here we come

CHAPTER 19 - TEXAS HERE WE COME

***

All eyes turned towards us when my dad started leading me down the aisle. I slowly set one foot in front of the other one while trying my best to keep time with the song the organist was playing.

I was holding tightly onto my dad’s arm with my right hand while carrying my bridal bouquet with the other one. My heart was pounding loudly and I wouldn’t be surprised if every present person could hear it beating as well.

After another few steps I finally looked away from the guests and straight ahead over to the altar. My sight was limited because of the veil that was falling over my face, but I could see the pastor and the back of my future husband anyway.

Step by step I got closer to the altar and therefore closer to my fiancée. He was the love of my life and in only a few minutes we would exchange vows.

When I was about five meters away from him, he slowly started turning around to finally see me in my wedding dress.

A ringing sound interrupted my dream before I could see who was waiting for me in front of the altar. I pressed my face into the pillow with a groan. I just wanted the ringing to stop, mostly because it gave me a headache but also because I just wanted to go back to sleep to see who had been waiting for me in front of the altar.

Unfortunately even after a few seconds the sound hadn’t stopped and so I slowly opened my eyes to see if I could make it stop somehow. But as soon as I had opened them the daylight was hurting my eyes which made me close them again.

The ringing would’ve to stop somehow without my help and I was positive that it would really do that as long as I just stayed patient.

And really, a few seconds later the sound stopped and I turned onto my right side to go back to sleep to finish my dream.

But instead of soft pillows my fingers suddenly touched something warm, hard and smooth. I was confused and slowly pulled my hand back towards me again.

What the hell did I just touch?

I slowly opened my eyes again, without even caring about the daylight anymore, to see what I had just felt below my fingers.

After opening my eyes I was looking at a naked torso, a naked torso of a man to be more precisely. I slowly let my eyes wander upwards towards his face and inhaled sharply when I saw who was lying next to me.

It was Nathan who was sleeping peacefully.

“Oh fuck.” I said quietly. Well at least that’s how I wanted it to say but I actually ended up yelling it instead of just saying it.

Nathan slowly started moving and opened his eyes a few seconds later. He looked directly at my face and I couldn’t look away anymore even though I actually wanted to.

I could see how his eyes went wide and how all the color disappeared from his face.

“So all of this wasn’t just a dream.” He said and immediately brought me back down to earth and made me recover my senses.

“You dreamt about us having sex? You pervert.” I yelled in disgust, by now I knew him well enough to know that it was the only thing he could’ve been talking about.

“We actually just had sex Payton, I was just dreaming about something that really happened.”

“Oh no, we didn’t really sleep together, did we?” I panicked and immediately lifted my blanket a bit to see if I was naked.