chapter 27 ~ the book

CHAPTER 27 - THE BOOK

***

"I will go meet up with James now; I'll be back in a few hours." Nathan told me when he walked over to the door.

"Alright, have fun." I replied from my very comfortable place on the couch.

"You too." He said, before closing the door behind himself.

I stopped zapping through the channels and turned off the TV to start doing the chores which I had avoided for a few days now.

It's been almost 2 months since Alexa had made me move in with Nathan and I had to admit that living with him wasn't as bad as I thought at first. I actually didn't even miss my old apartment; living together with a friend was a lot more fun than living alone.

The only bad thing about living together with him was the fact that he always knew what I was doing, which made it difficult for me to secretly meet Braden.

Yes it's true, we're a couple again.

He had finally agreed to talk to me about two weeks after I moved in with Nathan. We spoke about everything and we've been a couple again for a month now.

Whenever I was meeting Braden, I usually just told Nathan that I would visit Macy whom I was best friends with again as well. I'm lucky Macy still doesn't want to have anything to do with Nathan, otherwise he would've probably found out about me and Braden by now.

Taken all together, I would definitely say that my life was perfect right now. It's been long since I'd been so happy and I could only hope nothing would change this in the near future.

The beeping of the dryer interrupted my thoughts and I quickly went over to it to turn it off and take out the dry clothes.

I folded each piece of clothing and then went over to the bedroom where the wardrobe was standing.

I put away my clothes before opening Nathan's side of the wardrobe to put away the shirts I had washed for him.

"What the hell." I groaned when I saw the part of the wardrobe that was reserved for his shirts. Instead of being neatly folded, most of the shirts were just thrown back on top of the pile of the few shirts that were still folded.

Of course that wasn't my problem, but like Braden once said, I was kind of a neat freak.

With a sigh I put the freshly washed shirts back down onto the bed and turned back to the wardrobe to fold the shirts again.

But halfway through the pile of shirts I stopped because I was suddenly holding something else in my hand.

Between two shirts, there was a black notebook. The cover was already well-thumbed which meant that Nathan had obviously used it quite often.

I knew that the notebook was private and that I actually shouldn't read it, but before I could even think about it any further, I was already sitting on the bed and had opened it.

The first page was titled "intro".

August 27, 2012
Moving to Los Angeles is the beginning of a new chapter of my life. My family might not care about me anymore, but that doesn't mean that I cannot enjoy my new life here in California. I'm going to make the best of it.
Yesterday at a casting, I met a guy who's been living here for a bit over a year now. He told me how much fun you could have in Los Angeles, especially because of all the hot and willing girls that are running around here.
And I must admit that he might be right about it.
When I was clubbing with him last night, he and all his friends immediately found a girl to take home and so did I, and it was so extremely easy.
He also told me about this book he has; a book where he writes down the name and a few details of all the girls he's ever had sex with.
According to him all of his friends have a book like that and as a small "welcome gift" he gave me this notebook.
I decided to give it a try and from now on I'll write down a few keywords about every girl I'll sleep with until I'll eventually meet the girl of my dreams.