chapter 13 ~ christmas shopping

If you like my story please vote for it. It will only take you a second but it would mean a lot to me!

***

"I can't believe how successful your movie is, Payton. It's been all over the news during the last weeks, I'm so happy for you." Macy said before taking another bite from her sandwich.

"I know right, it's crazy. I actually thought that not a lot of people would be interested in it." I admitted and ate the last bit of my salad.

A bit more than two weeks had gone by since the movie premiere and even though I hadn't expected it, my movie was getting quite popular. The ratings were mostly positive and even Alexa was satisfied for once. Every single day she would tell me how many new people had seen the movie; she was more excited about all of this than I was.

But one of the downsides was that more and more people recognized me on the street and paparazzi were following me everywhere. I certainly loved my fans and without the pictures of the paparazzi less people would know me and watch my movie, but sometimes it would be great to be able to go outside without having to look like a normal human being.

I loved leaving my house in a pair of sweatpants to get my coffee, but now doing so had gotten impossible because pictures of me in sweatpants weren't what I wanted to see in a magazine.

"I told you it is good and it seems like I'm not the only one who loved it. Start believing in yourself."

"It's easier said than done, I think everyone is a bit self-critical. And aside from that I guess that being too confident in my work could end in an exaggerated opinion of myself which could be quite problematic." I explained my point.

"That's true; you might become the second Kim Kardashian. She's so sophomoric, she thinks she can do whatever she wants and that everything she touches will turn into gold."

"Oh stop it, Macy. That would be a nightmare. I promise I'll never start acting like her." I laughed and Macy laughed along with me.

"Can we go?" I asked as soon as she had eaten the last bit of her sandwich. "I want to get away from the paps who are sitting on the other tables."

"Sure, let's go. I have all presents I need, what about you?" She replied and we both got up from our seats to leave the food court of the mall. Seconds later we disappeared in the huge crowd of people who were walking through the mall and I was just hoping that none of the paparazzi would find us again.

"I still need one for Nathan."

"Really?" She asked, quite surprised. "I actually thought you would have gotten his present a bit earlier than all the others."

"No, I didn't. I barely had any time during the last weeks and so I have to buy all presents today." I lied, of course I couldn't tell her about Braden's present which I already bought a few days ago. "Beside that we always go to the mall two days before Christmas, it's never been different. So why are you suddenly so surprised?"

"I don't know, I think I kind of didn't think before I spoke." She admitted and made me laugh.

"Oh you always do that." I replied and she fake gasped before we both started laughing again.

"Do you already know what to get him?"

I thought about it for a few seconds, so far I hadn't even thought about it but I had to think of something real fast. A good girlfriend thinks about her boyfriend's Christmas present before going to the mall to buy it.

"I think I will get him some new headphones. He lost his when we were in San Francisco last week." I replied and Macy nodded before we made our way over to one of the electrical stores in the mall.