chapter 1 ~ the tweet

If you like my story please vote for it. It will only take you a second but it would mean a lot to me

***

„Payton, thank you for being here tonight. I'm sure your new movie will be amazing." Jimmy Fallon said before facing the camera again. "And thank you all for switching on tonight. Good night America."

"And cut!" the unit manager shouted. The audience in the studio started applauding and I got up from my seat to shake Jimmy's hand.

"Thanks for being here tonight." He said.

"Thanks for inviting me." I replied before waving to the audience and leaving the studio to go backstage again.

This one had been my third interview today and I was glad that the day was over now.

I went straight to my dressing room after one of the assistants took off the microphone that had been attached to my dress during the interview.

My stylist was already waiting for me and helped me to take of my current dress to change back into the dress I had been wearing before the interview.

She handed me a make-up remover and I was just about to start removing my make-up when I recognized that it actually looked great with the red dress I was wearing. I handed the remover back to my stylist who gave me a confused look.

"It looks amazing with my dress." I defended myself.

"You're right." She just replied.

"I know, I'm always right." I said with a smirk and we both had to laugh.

We were interrupted by a knock on the door and I quickly said: "Come in."

Just a second later my agent Alexa stuck her head in the door.

"You were great tonight." She said and closed the door again.

"Thank you." I replied and she came over to hug me.

Alexa had been my agent for the past 2 years, meaning she had been with me since the very beginning. At first she only got me some small roles in movies no one could probably remember anymore. But one day, about a year ago, she got me a part in an audition for a very big role. I was lucky and got it and since that day I was kind of famous. I was so thankful for all of this.

Right now I was promoting a new movie with me in the lead role and fortunately even the reviewers who had already seen it were sure that it would be a big success.

"As a reward for the great interviews today you have the weekend off and can do whatever you want." She said and smiled at me.

"Really?" It had been weeks since I'd had a day without any appointments. "But I thought I would have an important cover shoot tomorrow."

"I called them earlier today to ask them if we could do it someday next week since you haven't had a free day in weeks. We decided to shoot it on Tuesday instead."

"Wow, thank you. I really need a few free days to be honest." I replied and hugged her again. Those were definitely the perks of having an agent around your age. If I had one that was like sixty, I would never have a free day anymore, instead I would have to work 24/7 without getting sleep.

"I will call you on Sunday to talk about next week's schedule. Have a nice weekend."

"You too."

She left the room again, so that I was alone. The stylist had already gone when Alexa had stepped in. I grabbed my phone from my bag and dialed my best friend's number. It rang a few times before Macy finally picked up.