chapter 4 ~ show time

If you like my story please vote for it. It will only take you a second but it would mean a lot to me!

***

When I woke up the next morning I was about to jump off my balcony when I recognized what day it was.

Sure it was Sunday, my favorite day of the week. But I had a "date" today and that made me want to get buried alive.

I reluctantly rolled out of my bed and shuffled over to the bathroom.

After brushing my teeth and taking a shower I just put on a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie before walking into the kitchen to get breakfast. Alexa would take care of my look later, so I didn't even bother spending time with looking decent.

I made myself a bowl of cereal and then sat down in the living room to watch some TV until shortly before eleven.

Just when I put my dirty bowl into the dishwasher I heard the doorbell and quickly pressed the button that would open the building's front door.

***

I opened the door of my apartment and waited until the elevator finally reached my floor.

"Good morning." Alexa said when she stepped out of it and then immediately went past me into my apartment without saying another word.

Behind her I could see the stylist that had done my look for the tonight show on Friday and so I quickly greeted her before we followed Alexa inside.

"Let's get straight to work. I see we have a lot to do here." Alexa said while snidely looking me over. "You have to look good for the date. Tomorrow I want to read about you two as a perfect couple in the tabloids."

"The only thing you're going to read is that it's fake. No one I going to believe that we're suddenly going out after what happened." I muttered.

"That's exactly why you have to give your best. Show everyone that you deserve to call yourself an actress."

"I always give my best." I said while rolling my eyes.

"If what you've done on the weekend really is what you call your best then I start doubting your sanity now."

I raised my eyebrows and was about to say something back when the stylist interrupted our small argument.

"Shouldn't we start now? He will be here in less than an hour."

Alexa stared at her for a second before turning towards me again. "Payton, this is Anna. I think she did a great job with your look on Friday and that's why I hired her as your personal stylist for the next six months. She knows about the situation you're in and has signed a contract to keep quiet about it."

I greeted her before addressing Alexa again. "What do we start with?"

"The outfit. Show Anna your closet so that she can help you picking out an outfit. She also brought some clothes with her if you don't find something in your repertoire."

"Does that mean I can keep the clothes if I choose some of those she brought with her?"

"Yes." She simply said.

I started grinning, finally something positive about all of this.

Alexa had already made herself comfortable on my couch and was tapping away on her phone.

"Aren't you going to help us?" I asked, being kind of surprised.

"Nope." She replied without looking up from her phone.